This product may not be available anymore.
for similar products.
CAIRO BOOKS's Description
Since the first edition was published in 1983, Building Surveys has been the
core text in its field for students and professionals alike. Covering
everything needed for initial inspections such as equipment, know-how and
procedures to writing an accurate report, this book is a proven indispensable
It considers all the structural elements required when surveying a property
for example, foundations, walls and roofs as well as what to look out for and
how to deal with it. Legal considerations and recent cases are used to
illustrate good working practice making this a comprehensive text to this
* Based on real-life experience of professional surveyors
* Covers knowledge, techniques and equipment needed to inspect and report on a
range of properties
* Legal and regulatory requirements fully updated and explained including the
changed circumstances in relation to the governments Home Information Packs and
in particular the relegation of the Home Condition Report to the status of
optional, rather than obligatory, part of the pack.
* Claims against surveyors has resulted in the much greater us of action
paragraphs in surveyors reports and new to this edition the specimen report in
the book has been re-written to reflect this
* Additional colour photographs have been added which improve the readability
and look of the book and enhance the text.