This product may not be available anymore.
Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm Details
- The best price of
Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm by
ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies
in Saudi Arabia is
- Similar products to Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm are sold at
ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies, Jolly Chic
with prices starting at 15 SAR
- The first appearance of this product was on Sep 01, 2020
- Amongst similar products of Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm the cheapest price is 8.45 SAR
from ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies
ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies's Description
Category Of Medvirox Cream
Mechanism Of Action Of Acyclovir
- Acyclovir is an antiviral that acts by interfering with viral DNA polymerase to inhibit DNA replication via chain termination
Therapeutic Indications Of Medvirox Cream
- Limited, non-life-threatening mucocutaneous Herpes simplex virus infections
- Genital Herpes
Method Of Administration Of Medvirox Cream
- Acyclovir Cream is not for use in your mouth, eyes or the vagina.
- You should not mix Acyclovir with anything before you use it, not even water.
- Always wash your hands before and after you use the cream.
- Adults and children:
- Apply a thin layer of cream to the affected area five times a day.
- You should space each application of Acyclovir by four hours.
- Suggested times are: 7am, 11am,3pm, 7pm and 11pm.
- If your cold sore has not healed after 4 days, or your genital herpes sore has not healed after 5 days, you may use the cream for 5 more days.
- If the affected area has still not healed after this, stop using the cream and tell your doctor.
- Doses may be changed in special conditions so always follow your doctor's or pharmacist's instructions.
- If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the hospital straight away.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is nearly time for your next
- Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for the forgotten dose.
Undesirable Side Effects Of Medvirox Cream
- Allergic reactions (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
- If you have an allergic reaction, stop taking Acyclovir Tablets and see a doctor straight away. The signs may include:
- rash, itching or hives on your skin
- swelling of your face, lips, tongue or other parts of your body
- shortness of breath, wheezing or trouble breathing
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Precautions While Taking Medvirox Cream
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Non-Pharmacological Treatments & Advice To Reduce The Risk of Infections
- The following advice may help you to reduce viral infection
- Eat Healthily: Much of your immune system is in your GI tract, so keeping a healthy gut is half of the battle. Immune-system-boosting foods include fish, nuts, and olive oil.
- Take Your Vitamins
- Wash Your Hands Often and Sanitize
- Get Enough Sleep
Warnings & Special Precautions while Taking Medvirox Cream
- Do not use Acyclovir: If you are allergic to acyclovir or valacyclovir or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before using Acyclovir
- Acyclovir Cream is not for use in the mouth, eyes or the vagina.
- Acyclovir Cream may cause skin irritation.
Storage Conditions Of Medvirox Cream
- store below 25°c
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box/blisters/label. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
For More Information About Acyclovir
- Ask your physician or pharmacist
- Visit Medscape at Information About Acyclovir
- Visit Drugbank at Information About Acyclovir
- Visit Drugs.com at Information About Acyclovir
- SFDA website
Top Products in Medicinemore
Reviews of Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
Video Reviews of Medvirox 5% Cream - 15 Gm
Please let us know what you think