Drive business results and produce outstanding print quality. Tackle large jobs and equip workgroups for success – wherever business leads. Easily manage and expand this ultra-fast, versatile printer and help reduce environmental impact.
Take productivity to the next level.
Monitor jobs and settings quickly with the 4-line display and use the 10-key pad for PIN printing.
Meet high-volume demands with automatic two-sided printing and versatile paper trays – up to 3,600 sheets.
Improve efficiency. Add paper-handling accessories to presort jobs, print on different media, and more.
Print uninterrupted for longer periods of time with high-yield Original HP LaserJet cartridges.
Meet business needs in the office and beyond.
Easily print from a variety of smartphones and tablets – generally no setup or apps required.
Print with just a touch of your NFC-enabled mobile device to this printer – no network needed.
Extend your printing reach. Easily share printing resources on a network with Ethernet connectivity.
Enjoy advanced capabilities and easy management.
Easily expand this printer – as solutions advance and your team's needs grow – with add-on, updatable features.
Protect sensitive data – at rest or in transit – with a variety of embedded and optional security solutions.
Easily take command of your printing environment from one central location with HP Web Jetadmin.
Quickly troubleshoot problems using cloud-based help services that are relevant and up to date.
Increase efficiency and savings with low energy consumption.
Save energy. HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology turns your printer on when you need it and off when you don't.
Conserve resources. This efficient printer consumes less total energy than any device in its class.
Help reduce your impact. Count on easy, free cartridge recycling through HP Planet Partners.
SpecificationsPrint speed black:
Normal: Up to 62 ppm First page out (ready)
Black: As fast as 7 sec Print quality black (best)
- Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi, HP FastRes 1200 (best)
HP FastRes 1200 (600 x 600 dpi), HP ProRes 1200 (1200 x 1200 dpi)Duty cycle (monthly, A4)
Up to 275,000 pages Recommended monthly page volume
5,000 to 20,000 Print technologyProcessor speed
1.2 GHzPrint languages
HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e , HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, native PDF printing (v1.7)Display
- 4-line LCD (colour text and graphics)
- HP 81A Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (10,500 pages) CF281A, HP 81X High Yield Black Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (25,000 pages) CF281X
ConnectivityHP ePrint capability
YesMobile printing capability
HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™, Mopria-certifiedWireless capability
- Optional, enabled with purchase of a pending hardware accessory
- Hi-Speed USB 2.0 ports (Host and Device)
- Built-in Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000T network port
- Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
Standard (built-in Gigabit Ethernet)Minimum system requirements
- Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows Vista all 32-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.)
- Windows OS compatible with Universal Print Driver (from HP.com): Windows 10 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 8/8.1 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (excluding RT OS for tablets), Windows 7 all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, Windows Vista all 32-bit and 64-bit editions (Home Basic, Premium, Professional, etc.)
- Mobile OS (In-OS drivers): Android, Windows 8/8.1/10 RT
- Linux OS (In-OS HPLIP): SUSE Linux (12.2, 12.3, 13.1), Fedora (17, 18, 19, 20), Linux Mint (13, 14, 15, 16, 17), Boss (3.0, 5.0), Ubuntu (10.04, 11.10, 12.04, 12.10, 13.04, 13.10, 14.04, 14.10), Debian (6.0.x, 7.x)
- Other OS: UNIX
- CD-ROM, DVD drive or Internet connection
- Dedicated USB, network connection or Wireless connection
- 200 MB available hard disk space