Top 6 Mobile Phones Best Secured With Your Fingerprint
By: Mohamed Adel & Magy Ghaly
With the evolution of technology, the mobile phone has become more than just a tool to keep in touch with family members or keep up with work. Due to the fierce competition between corporations to attract more users, companies have been upgrading the features of the mobile phones, by providing professional cameras, large storage capacities and many other features that transferred our lives to our virtual mobile phones. Since some of us prefer to keep our personal lives private, mobiles are now embedded with privacy and security features; the fingerprint sensor is now one of the best ways to keep your data privately secured, which is an option that goes far beyond locking your screen with numerical digits or lock patterns. Go on Yaoota to find all the mobile phones that are featured with fingerprint sensors.
*Prices listed in the article are the ones provided when the article was published, and they are subject to change, depending on the market flow.
Check out the best smart phones that feature the fingerprint sensor, followed by the pros and cons of each:
|Mobile||Pros||Cons||Prices start from|
|iPhone 6s Plus||
|Samsung Galaxy S7||
|Google Pixel XL||
|HTC One M9 Plus||
|Xiaomi Redmi Note 3||
iPhone 6s Plus
The screen is 5.5 inches, A9 1.8 GHz dual-core processor, 2 GB RAM, 16/64/128 GB internal memory, 12 MP rear camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 2750 mAh battery, iOS operating system.
Pros of the iPhones 6s Plus
- iPhone 6s Plus is one of the best mobile phones that offer the TouchID technology as the fingerprint sensor is embedded in the home button. It is very practical as it recognizes the fingerprint of its user in less than 1 second, in addition to confirming online shopping transaction through the phone; payments in general are done through Apple Pay. The phone also allows you to save up to five fingerprints; but the more fingerprints saved, the more time it takes to detect the user’s fingerprint.
- The phone offers a more accurate fingerprint sensor than the latest mobile phones of the company( the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus). not to mention that the sensor of iPhone 6s is embedded in the home button.
- The screen of the iPhone 6s Plus is 5.5 inches, FHD, and of quality 1920 × 1080 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density). The screen also supports 3D touch, which can be used for multitasking without even opening the app; just by a click approach. The phone is also characterized with a distinctive screen in terms of brightness, clarity, vivid colors, and the screen display.
- The rear camera features a distinctive quality of 12 MP, aperture f/2.2, Live Photos feature, OIS technology which gives clear detailed pictures even in low light conditions and it records 4k videos.
- The front-facing camera is 5 MP with the new Retina Flash technology, which simply turns the whole screen white when taking selfies to act as a flash to compensate the absence of a real flash.
- The performance of the phone is exceptional because of the 64-bit A9 processor that advanced the phone by a 70% improved leap compared to the previous A8 version processor. This explains the powerful performance with the gaming graphics; in “Asphalt” the user can enjoy the details and the movement of the cars while playing and having full control over the game with no interferences or lag while playing the game. This is also because of the 2 GB RAM and the special ability of Apple in managing its random access memory as the phone stops all background apps and focuses only on the app being used which helps distinctively in the phone’s performance. Not to mention, the special graphics processor of PowerVR GT7600.
- The phone offers three capacities of internal storage: 16 GB, 64 GB and 128 GB.
- The capacity of the phone’s battery is 2750 mAh , which is why you will need to carry a charger or a portable battery if you are a gamer or prefer high-quality photography.
Cons of the iPhone 6s Plus
- The mobile weighs 192 grams which is considered a heavy phone (that is because of the new screen coating to support the Force Touch technology in addition to the significant weight of the material it is made of).
- It does not support fast charging technology of the battery.
- The 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage phones are expensive.
The fingerprint sensor of the iPhone 6s Plus is considered one of the fastest sensors and most accurate of the available mobile phones in the market of smart phones. In addition to the distinctive performance, the screen is of high quality and is also provided with the practical Force Touch technology, which makes the user able to get tasks done faster without going through many steps. The camera performs well in different shooting conditions; but the capacity of the battery is rather low and needs to increase so the user(s) can stay connected to their phone(s) all day.
Check out iPhone 6s Plus here. Price starts from 13,499 EGP.
Samsung Galaxy S7
The screen is 5.1 inches,and the phone is featured with Octa-core processor (2.6 GHz quad-core and 1.59 GHz quad-core), 4 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 12 MP rear camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 3000 mAh battery, Android Marshmallow operating system.
Pros of the Samsung Galaxy S7
- The fingerprint sensor of the Samsung Galaxy S7 is considered to be one of the best sensors in the market of smart phones. It transcended the basic speed of the fingerprint sensor of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 6s Plus, yet, it equates with that of Google Pixel XL (it may also exceed it).
- The rear camera is of quality 12 MP with the Dual Pixels feature that offers clearer pictures, bigger pixel size 1.4 µ, wide aperture f/1.7 (and as we know that the less the aperture number is, the brighter and higher quality the picture is; as it allows more light, which makes pictures bright in daylight). It also gives vivid, detailed high-quality pictures in indoor and oudoor low light settings, and night shooting.
- The Samsung Galaxy S7 beats both LG G5 and HTC 10.By placing the Samsung Galaxy S7 in front, it captures moving pictures with great stability clarifying the movement, the motions and the slightest details better than Sony Xperia Z5, which is featured with a shutter speed of 1.5 seconds and Google pixel XL’s shutter speed of 1.9.
- Although HTC 10 offers more pixel size than that of the Samsung Galaxy S7 with a difference of 0.15 µm, the Samsung lens is still wider compared to that of both the HTC 10 and the LG G5 of the f/1.8.
- The camera offers high-quality auto-focus, fast refocus from an object to another which makes it easy to capture static pictures (even when your hand shakes); what really enhances the quality of the picture is the OIS feature.
- It offers a special degree of contrast and high contrast for different colors which helps capture pictures that reflect true scenes with their natural colors without overstatement or understatement of colors.
- The camera app has many shooting features; the most important one is the Pro mode that has a high level of control in the variables of the picture like the ISO, the lens speed, in addition to its saturation and white balance.
- As for the quality of the front-facing camera, it is 5 MP and is characterized by a wide angle which eases the process for taking selfies.
- The screen size of the Samsung S7 is 5.1 inches with a quality of 1440 × 2560 pixels of pixel density 577 ppi, which gives a high-quality display for images and videos. The screen also offers a degree of contrast that is very distinctive and a light brightness of 484 pixels. However, that is considered very low compared to the LG G5’s brightness level of 800 pixels.
- The design is the same as Galaxy S6; and the screen is coated with Gorilla Glass 4 protective shield. The back side of the device is curved making it easy to hold the phone with one hand for a long time without losing control.
- The performance of Galaxy S7 is rather adequate because of its 4 GB RAM which enables the user to freely use many apps and multitask without worrying about stopping suddenly. In addition, the phone performs through two different types of processors, as it is released in two versions; one with the company’s processor Exynos 8890 and the other one with qualcomm snapdragon 820. Both processors offer supreme performance in processing graphics through the Mali-T880 chip and the smooth performance in running advanced games like Lara Croft Go, Hitman Sniper and Asphalt. You can swipe between the game and other apps without any lag in the game or any external application.
- Samsung has recognized its fault with the battery of Galaxy S6 and managed to fix it; it expanded its capacity from 2600 mAh to 3000 mAh. This offers a wider range for the user to use his/her phone freely all day, with no need to worry about battery drainage as it offers 22 hours of continuous calls and 62 hours of music.
Cons of Samsung Galaxy S7
- The external speakers of the phone do not offer good music listening or video watching experience when compared to that of Galaxy S6.
- The screen is easily smudged, so consider covering it with a plastic or glass screen to keep it clear.
Samsung Galaxy S7 offers a good and smooth fingerprint experience, and it offers a special experience for photography lovers and is considered to be one of the most reliable phones with front rear camera view; and it features dual pixel technology. The wide aperture gives high clarity to low light pictures, and a pro mode for shooting. As for the performance, the screen size, and its resolution, it is considered to be of the top in high-end mobile phones such as iPhone 6 and iPhone S6 plus.
Check out Samsung Galaxy S7 here. Price in Egypt starts from 9,799 EGP.
The screen is 5.7 inches, with a hexa-core processor (1.4 GHz quad-core and 1.8 GHz dual-core), 4 GB RAM, 32/64 GB internal memory, 16 MP rear camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 3000 mAh battery, and Android Lollipop operating system.
Pros of the LG V10
- LG has introduced a new version for the design of the fingerprint sensor that is included inside the power button on the back of the device, but the small size of the button made it impractical for frequent use as the sensor does not recognize it when the user unlocks the screen and so the user is asked to try again.
- Despite that, when the fingerprint scanner works, it recognizes the fingerprint really fast and unlocks the phone immediately and that is why the iPhone 6s’s sensor remains on top because of the distinctive design in the home button on the front and practicality and responsiveness of the phone.
- The corporation introduced a 5.7 inch screen through the LG V10 and QHD quality of pixel density 515 ppi, which offers a high quality that suits the big screen size. The light intensity of the screen is 432 nits which is a moderate level that provides very good performance under sunlight when looking at the screen from a side angle without the need to raise the brightness above 70%.
- One of the key features of the LG V10 is that it provides an additional screen; a rectangular bar above the main screen of 2.1 inches, which is dedicated to show shortcuts of the user’s most favorite apps and notifications of phone calls, messages, and other applications.The best thing about that bar is that it is always on screen, meaning that it is always available and working even when the phone is locked which significantly saves the battery life especially if it is on low brightness level.
- LG has advanced the selfie track especially with the LG V10, as it provided this device with two front-facing cameras of quality 5 MP; one with an 80-degree angle for the regular selfies and another one with 120-degree angle for group selfies and the background details. In addition, the OIS feature makes it easy for the user to capture special moments in motion steadily even if the user’s hand was shaking because of the high shutter speed. Needless to mention that the pictures are significantly clear with all the details, even in low light because of the f/2.2 lens aperture.
- Regarding the rear camera, the quality is 16 MP, with wide aperture f/1.8 which makes it highly capable of dealing with low light and bright lights too, as the camera deals brilliantly with distributing the light on the details of the picture so that it is significantly balanced, in addition to the distinctive color contrast.
- LG also gives you dozens of choices to control the quality of the pictures captured with the Manual Mode so that photography fans are satisfied with their captured pictures and reflect their view of the shots they take with their LG V10.
- For the first time, a smart phone manufacturer introduces a manual mode for video recording that allows LG users to fully control the color contrast, light balance, ISO, shutter speed and every other variable associated with videos. The company promotes its LG V10 so it offers a full kit for videography as it allows you to record cinema-screen-sized videos 21:9, compared to the regular size 16:9, of 1080p and 2160p resolution.
- LG preferred to stay away from the snapdragon 810 processor especially after its bad experience with the LG G Flex 2 and its overheating, and chose to stick to the snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor and the Adreno 418 graphic processor as they both offer very good performance, when it comes to basic tasks like phone calls, high quality videos, advanced graphic games and multi-tasking.
- One of the best pros of this device is that its internal storage is 64 GB and 4 GB RAM, which offer a good space for processing and a capacity for the user to work with running different apps at the same time without worrying about sudden stoppage.
- You can use an external memory card of a capacity up to 2 TB.
Cons of the LG V10
- The contrast of the colors is somehow modest while taking selfies and needs better filtering.
- Speaking directly through the phone’s microphone and listening from the earphones is better than using the loudspeaker because of its incontinent location.
- When using the phone for a long time for capturing pictures and playing videos continuously, especially that the phone was promoted as a videography device, the battery will not last more than 10 hours especially that the battery saver mode prevents the user to use the camera app and if the battery level is lower than 5% you will not be able to capture any pictures.
- The phone runs the Android Lollipop 5.1.1 operation system, though it was released after the launching of the new version marshmallow 6.0. In addition to the GUX 4.0 user interface loaded with massive pre-installed apps that take up to 3 GB which is a lot compared to the internal storage , not to mention that it slows down the performance of the device. The UI is impractical regarding the tasks it perform.
- The LG V10 did not present the fingerprint sensor as it should be, as the design of the button was somehow small which troubles the user when verifying their fingerprint to unlock the screen. On the other hand, the device offers many positive features like its little additional screen, the double front-facing camera, and also the rear camera that is considered a distinctive feature for videographers and pro photography fans, not to mention its good performance. However, you will always need a spare battery because of its small capacity as the battery is removable.
Check out LG V10 here. Price in Egypt starts from 6,590 EGP.
Google Pixel XL
The screen is 5.5 inches, with Quad-core processor (2.15 GHz dual-core and 1.6GHz dual-core), 4 GB RAM, 32/128 GB internal memory, 12.3 MP rear camera, 8 MP front-facing camera, 3450 mAh battery, and Android Nougat operating system.
Pros of the Google Pixel XL
- The design of the fingerprint sensor on the back side is unique, as it is located below the rear camera and marked with a dividing line so the user can reach it without the need to flip the phone. The sensor can recognize the fingerprint in less than 1 second and 5 parts of a second.
- The sensor can save up to 5 fingerprints on one device which enables the user to secure apps with his/her own fingerprint that adds up a strong level of security. You can also use it as an ID verification method when using online payments.
- The fingerprint sensor of the Google Pixel has the same level of accuracy taking into consideration that it is a smaller version. However, the fingerprint sensor with the Google Pixel XL is much easier to use than the smaller one.
- The rear camera is 12.3 MP, and it is provided with LED flash and f/2.0 aperture which enables the maximum amount of light in range that makes pictures clearer and more pure. It has a great ability to capture high quality pictures with clear details and vibrant colors, that it competes with high-end devices like the iPhone 7 Plus and HTC 10, yet, it acquiesce in the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge; despite the fact that it is not supported with the OIS feature.
- The key to the great success of the camera of Google Pixel XL is the big size of pixels 1.55µ by which it exceeds the S7 and evens with the HTC 10 , while the LG G5 drops down.
- Google has made a progress with its distinctive camera app; by offering a very practical, fast and easy to run app by just pushing the power button twice. It also offers many modes like the Pro mode which is very practical in shooting especially with low light as you can adjust the saturation, ISO, the shutter speed to control the brightness of the picture, the clarity and sharpness.
- The design of the phone is remarkable with its rounded edges that enable the user to control the grip of the phone and hold it with one hand. The Google Pixel XL is completely made of aluminum and coated with a layer of glass, that gives the phone an elegant shine.
- The screen of the Google Pixel XL is 5.5 inches, which is convenient to compete with the iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung S7 Edge and HTC 10. The screen offers a QHD quality of pixel density 534 ppi which gives a high quality display, in addition to its convenience to display VR movies through the new platform of Google and its DayDream view headset. The screen also offers pure and bright display when used under direct sunlight.
- Like most of the high-end smart phones, the phone works with the snapdragon 821 octa-core processor and 4 GB RAM which offer the user a space to work with many apps and get multiple tasks done, besides watching videos and using advanced graphics games through the Adreno 530 graphic chip which displays videos smoothly.
- The battery of this phone is one of its key features as its capacity is 3450 mAh; it lasts for 32 hours of phone calls, 14 hours on Wi-Fi or mobile data internet, and 130 hours of music playing. The battery also supports a fast charge technology feature which enables the user to fully recharge the device in two hours.
Cons of the Google Pixel XL
- The rear camera of the device is incapable of offering a depth of field, in addition to its incapability to focus on one object and blur the surrounding background, which Google Pixel XL calls it the Lens Blur and that is compared to the iPhone 7 Plus.
The Google Pixel XL is considered to be one of the best mobile phones that offer a fingerprint sensor with distinctive design, fast, accurate and practical performance. Besides, it is one of the newest mobile phones that offer good quality display, clear, vivid, and bright details of colors. Despite the low number of its lens pixels, it can give high quality detailed pictures with a distinctively and balanced light distribution. All of that comes with one mobile phone that competes with the big boys and has the great ability to manage multiple apps at the same time. Not to mention, its unique ability to support a 3450 mAh battery that helps the user in time of need and the battery never runs out before they go home at the end of each day.
Check out google pixel xl here.
HTC One M9 Plus
The screen is 5.2 inches,2.2 GHz with octa-core processor, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB internal memory, 20 MP rear camera, 2.1 MP front-facing camera, 2840 mAh battery, and Android Lollipop operating system.
Pros of HTC One M9 Plus
- The fingerprint sensor is the key feature of this device as it is characterized by being easy to set up for the first time, as it takes less than a second to recognize the user’s fingerprint when unlocking the screen which evens with Samsung and Apple devices.
- The design of the device is unique metal and is larger than its precedent One M9, yet it still guarantees the user the ability to control and use the phone with one hand and that is because of the curvy sides of the back cover that makes it easy to fit the palm of the user’s hand.
- On the right side comes the memory card slot that enables the user to add up to 128 GB additional storage, while on the left side lie the two SIM card slots.
- On the back, you will find two rear cameras to gather more details about the depth of the picture which makes it more professional, in addition to the dual LED flash on the right side of the lens.
- The screen of the HTC One M9 Plus is 5.2 inches Super LCD3 of quality QHD of pixel density 565 ppi, which guarantees the user good quality pictures and videos with good quality colors.
- The device offers an internal memory of 32 GB which is a good capacity, in addition to the potential of adding an external memory card for up to 128 GB (that is a perfect capacity for photography lovers).
- The battery of the device is 2840 mAh.
- The camera app is unique and user friendly.
Cons of HTC One M9 Plus
- The black color is somehow pale for an LCD screen, unlike the AMOLED screen associated with Samsung Galaxy series, of warmer colors like red, yellow and orange.
- The HTC One M9 Plus works with an octa-core mediatek MT6795T 2.2 GHz processor and 3 GB RAM which offers a performance that is lower than average with multiple tasking, switching between apps, and especially when playing advanced-graphics video games as it does not work smoothly especially that the phone works with PowerVR G6200 graphic processor.
- The device is overpriced compared to its features regarding the performance.
- The Taiwanese company returned to using two rear cameras; the main one is 20 MP and the other is 4 MP to create depth to pictures. Also ,using the main camera was disappointing as you cannot adjust the exposure especially in bright and low light areas and you cannot redistribute the amount of light in the picture and that is because of the failure of adjusting the dynamic range of light.
The HTC One M9 Plus is considered one of the good smart phones regarding its fingerprint sensor and its performance. While the overall performance of device is average and sometimes drops to be below average whether it is multiple tasking or running advanced graphics. The camera app is average as well; however, the battery of that device is unique regarding its best utilization of the battery capacity throughout the day.
Check out HTC One M9 Plus here. price in Egypt starts from 7,499 EGP.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
The screen is 5.5 inches, with octa-core processor, 2/3 GB RAM, 32/64 GB internal memory, 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front-facing camera, 4000 mAh battery, and Android Lollipop operating system.
Pros of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- Xiaomi has upgraded its Redmi Note 3 with the uniquely-designed fingerprint sensor regarding the size and its location; it is located right below the rear camera. Not to mention, the size of the sensor fits the finger tip perfectly which helps in the accurate and fast scanning feature to recognize the user’s ID easily.
- Its responsiveness to the user’s fingerprint approaches that of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge; however, the Google Pixel XL is still ahead of both of them.
- The design of the phone is good and easy to hold with one hand because of its curves from both sides. The volume and power buttons are on the right side, while the back side has the rear camera and the fingerprint sensor right below it, which is the perfect location as the index finger will easily reach it.
- The screen is 5.5 inches IPS HD of pixel density 403 ppi, which gives a good display with pictures and HD videos.
- The performance of the two versions of the device is customized with the Helio X10 octa-core and the qualcomm snapdragon 650 processor, in addition to the 2/3 GB RAM and that is what makes the device all the more powerful.
- Xiaomi has designed the loudspeakers in a smart and distinctive way, by placing the loudspeakers on the back side of the device and added a prominent plastic edge so that it is not muted when placed on a plane surface. This guarantees that the loudspeakers are never covered and the sound remains loud and clear.
- Xiaomi’s new interface allows the user to choose the apps they want installed as the device does not come with the pre-installed bundle of Google apps.
- The phone’s rear camera is of quality 13 MP of aperture f/2.2 which gives out acceptable pictures in good light conditions, while in bright lights or low lights, the app takes some time to capture the picture to be able to redistribute the convenient amount of light. While the front-facing camera is of quality 5 MP and it also provides an acceptable experience, yet, sometimes the details of the pictures are not very clear especially in low light conditions.
- The battery’s capacity is 4000 mAh and Xiaomi offers many modes to prolong the battery life throughout the day so that you will not need to recharge the device more than once.
Cons of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
- The phone is made of metal, yet the quality of the material used gives the impression that it is cheap and lacks the quality and splendor.
- The screen of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 offers a weak contrast level of colors and its performance under sunlight is modest as the brightness level is not good and you will need to set the brightness to the highest level to be able to use it in direct day light.
- Sometimes when the phone is over loaded with running games and HD videos regarding the graphics, the device might stop or give a just-a-sec message which will require the user to go to the home screen and then continue where they stopped.
- The loudspeakers lack depth of the sound; it is very discouraging to use it to listen to music.
- When the user sets his phone for the first time, they do not use the Gmail e-mail but the Mi e-mail which enables the user to deal with Xiaomi’s app store that is only available in Chinese language, while in the process prohibit the user to easily transfer their data to the new phone.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 offers different features with a very good price with the accurate and the powerful fingerprint sensor on top, besides the fair performance of the screen. While the photography experience was not the best, the battery is one of the powerful features that support it to be one of the fine choices in the 3000 EGP price range.
Check out Xiaomi Redmi Note 3. price in Egypt starts from 3,496 EGP.
* Some items may currently be out of stock, but they will available soon. If you encounter any similar problems, please place a comment below the article, or contact us through our Facebook page.