The New Oppo F5 Pros & Cons
By Mohamed Abdel Rahman & Heidi Soliman
The new Oppo F5 is one of the most important phones in the 5000 EGP category, and was introduced by Oppo recently. The most important feature of the phone is the face recognition unlock.
So if you’re thinking of buying the Oppo F5, here’s what you need to know. We will tell you the pros, cons and specs of the phone and if you like it simply click on Yaoota’s link and place your order online to have it delivered at your doorstep.
* Product prices in the article are the prices listed in the stores when the article was published. The prices may vary according to the supply and demand of the market.
|6 inch||Quad-core||6.4 GB||16 MB||64.32 GB||3200mAh||Nougat|
- The selfie camera in located in the front and the LED light indicator
- And in the back we will find the second camera with a built-in flash and a fingerprint sensor
- On the right side, the power button is located and two slots, one for the SIM card and one for the memory card
- Sound control buttons are on the left side
- The charging slot, the headphones jack, plus the speakers are all located on the bottom.
- 6.0 inch LTPS IPS LCD screen
- Resolution 1080x2160p (18:9) and density (402 ppi)
- Extra protective layer Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- The screen’s size is very good for watching videos and for reading
- The visual angle of the screen and the clarity is very comfortable for the eyes even in different lighting
- Unfortunately the screen’s resolution and display decreases automatically once the battery level reaches 20% and even if you increase the brightness manually it won’t change. This feature exists in most phones in the market but it is turned on when the battery reaches 5% not 20%
- Although the control buttons are in the screen, users can discard it and use the touch screen instead by swiping up from the right side of the screen (back). To be able to find the home, users swipe up from the middle of the screen. And to find the apps and programs that are operating, users swipe up from the center of the screen. In order to find the taskbar, that has the Wifi, 3G, etc. users need to swipe from the left side.
- The LED light indicator is in only one color, which is white, and it lights up only for whatsapp or facebook notifications. So users won’t be able to know if the phone has been charged or not from the LED light indicator.
- The phone’s operating system is Nougat, quad core processor and Mediatek MT6763T Helio P23 chipset (8×2.5GHz) with internal RAM (4, 6 GB), internal memory 64 GB and users can add an additional memory of up to 256GB.
- The phone operates two SIMs and an external memory at the same time and supports 4G.
- Supports fingerprint sensor, OTG and Gyroscope.
- Doesn’t support FM Radio
- The phone’s performance is very good, its interface is very similar to the iPhones.
- The Oppo F5 offers a great performance in internet surfing, switching between apps and operating more than one app at the same time. Users won’t find any slowing down in operation, this is because of the fast RAM, and also Oppo’s interface works well with the phone’s features and makes it easy for the phone to operate.
- The fingerprint sensor is very sensitive, users won’t find any difficulty or slowing down when using it.
- The phone is a good choice for people who enjoy mobile gaming thanks to its fast performance and size and resolution of the screen.
- The sound of the speakers is very clear but being located on the left bottom side mutes the sound when users are holding the phone in their hand when playing games or watching videos
- A very important quality in Oppo is that both SIMs operate internet, one is 3G and one is 4G.
- The phone comes with a back camera 16MP with lens opening F1.8 and a single-flash
- The selfie camera is 20MP with face recognition thanks to the artificial intelligence technology
- The back camera doesn’t support IOS
- The selfie camera performance is very good and has a great photo isolation feature.
- It has a face recognition feature, which makes it easy for users to secure their private photos on the phone. The face recognition feature works fast and doesn’t freeze or stop working for any reason. Also the camera takes good quality pictures even in dim lighting.
- The artificial intelligence of the selfie camera, allows it to recognize and save all the features of the face, so during snapping pictures it collects features from previous photos and makes it appear in its best possible look. This is a very special and strong feature that makes the phone stand out from other phones .
- The back camera quality is very good, however the quality decreases in low lighting even though the lens opening is wide. Also the back camera doesn’t have a portrait mode feature. The image quality decreases with movements.
- The battery is 3200 mAh
- The battery doesn’t support fast charging technique
- The battery gets fully charged in about 2 and half hours
- The phone offers a very high performance that lasts for a whole day of heavy usage
Check out the Oppo 5 here.
*Some products may be currently out of stock, but they will be available again soon. If you encounter any similar problem, please comment on the article, or contact us through our Facebook page.