Sony Xperia L1: Pros, Cons & User Experience
By: Mona Awad & Yara Elhemaily
Sony has a reputable name in technology and the world of mobile phones, and recently, Sony has taken its fans’ suggestions into consideration and announced that it is going to launch a new mobile phone with a newer design that is more innovative than all the previous Sony designs in the first quarter of 2018.
Today, we are going to talk about Sony Xperia L1 and we will learn more about its specifications, pros and cons. If you like the phone and wish to buy it, you can find out its best price online via Yaoota, place your order and have it delivered to your doorstep in no time.
*Prices listed in this article are the ones provided at the time of its publication, and are subject to change according to the supply and demand of the market.
Sony Xperia L1 Specifications
|5.5”||Quad-core||2 GB||13 MP||16 GB||2620 mAh||Nougat 7.0|
Sony Xperia L1 Evaluation
- The screen occupies approximately 74.6% of the mobile’s size, and the handset, front camera and proximity sensor are above it.
- The back side of the phone has the rear camera with a LED flash underneath. The Xperia logo is in the middle of the mobile’s back.
- The right-hand side has the power and the volume control buttons.
- The left-hand side has two Nano SIM card slots that can be used either to run two SIM cards or a SIM and external memory card.
- The upper side of the mobile phone has a 3.5 mm earphone jack.
- On the bottom side of the mobile, you can find a USB port and the speakers.
- The phone is made of plastic.
- The mobile’s dimensions: a height of 151 mm, a width of 74 mm and thickness of 8.7 mm.
- The mobile is somewhat heavy (180 gm).
- It does not support a fingerprint sensor.
- The mobile phone is characterized by having a distinctive and beautiful design and fine edges, as well as a smooth, circular frame that offers the user a unique experience in the usage of plastic mobiles.
- The mobile does not support fingerprint scanning, which turned down many users, especially that other mobile phones in the same price category have fingerprint scanners.
- The mobile is equipped with an HD IPS LCD screen of 5.5 inch with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and a pixel density of 267 ppi, in addition to an extra glass, scratch-resistant protective layer.
- It is not equipped with Full HD resolution.
- The density of the screen’s pixels is weak to a great extent compared to competitors.
- It supports multitouch up to 4 touch points only.
- The screen is characterized by the clarity and brightness of the colors, clarity of angles of vision and that its brightness is good in the sunlight. In addition to this, the protective scratch-resistant glass layer is considered a pro. It would have been better had it been resistant to breakage as well, though.
- The device operates using the latest operating system up till now: Nougat 7.0.
- The mobile is equipped with a MediaTek MT6737T quad-core processor with a frequency of 1.45 GhZ Cortex A53, a Mali-T720MP2 graphic processor and 2 GB RAM.
- The mobile phone accepts external storage up to 256 GB.
- It supports Xperia Actions technology that makes the mobile phone adapt to how you use it, the location, time and environment so that it becomes smarter and facilitates you daily life to some extent and saves you the burden of changing the settings.
- It supports NFC technology, GPS and GPRS systems, EDGE USB technologies and Bluetooth 4.2.
- It supports the accelerometer, the proximity sensor and the compass.
- It supports all video and audio playback formats and FM radio operation.
- The two Nano SIM cards support second, third and fourth generation networks.
- The mobile phone has 2 GB RAM only and the internal storage is 16 MB.
- It does not support HDMI and Java connectivity.
- It does not have an extra noise-cancellation microphone.
- The mobile runs Nougat 7.0 Android system, which means that the user will enjoy a simple interface and guarantees regular security updates.
- The mobile has a somewhat satisfactory performance in terms of Internet surfing and moving between different applications. However, you won’t be able to use intensively heavy applications or games that have a high level of graphics, since its processor is among the economical category.
- The internal storage of the mobile phone is not sufficient and is used up quickly, which may cause a lag in the performance of the mobile phone to a great extent, but you can add an external memory card of a capacity up to 256 to conceal such a downside.
- The volume of the mobile phone is considered of a good quality and is generally high. However, one of the defects is that it is not equipped with extra noise-cancellation microphone.
- The rear camera has a resolution of 13 megapixels with a lens aperture f/2.2 with LED flash. In addition, it supports automatic face detection in photos, HDR photography, horizontal panorama and geographical location detection features.
- The rear camera records 1080p videos at 30 frames per second.
- The front camera does not have a flash, and is 5 megapixels only.
- The rear camera offers an excellent performance and clear images in high lighting conditions. In medium and low lighting conditions, the LED flash guarantees the good quality of the photos. You will also have the chance to take clear photos in high lighting conditions with the selfie camera, which is good and somewhat satisfactory.
- A lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 2620 mAh.
- The battery is non-removable.
- The battery does not support fast-charging technology.
- The performance of the battery is good to some extent, as it could live up to 13 hours when connected to second generation network, up to 11 hours and 30 minutes when connected to third generation network and about 63 hours when playing music.
- The fact that the battery does not support fast-charging technology is a negative point for many users.
Check out Sony Xperia L1 here.
*Some items may be currently out of stock, but they will be available again soon. If you encounter any similar problem, please comment on the article, or contact us through our Facebook page.