Healthy Recipes to Enjoy Your Favorite Meals
By Dina Amir
Since our food affects our quality of life, Yaoota prepared 2 fast recipes to enjoy your favorite meals with the least number of calories. All you have to do is substitute some ingredients with healthier ones, to make sure you have the same tasty meals, and enjoy your healthy body.
Who doesn’t love pizza and pancakes? Yet we feel guilty afterwards. With these recipes, you will enjoy the mouthwatering pizza and pancakes, without ruining your diet or healthy lifestyle.
We will start with pizza as it is loved and favored by many kids and adults. The twist starts from the dough. Use whole wheat flour, skimmed milk (if needed), and light cheese instead of the normal ingredients.
- 1 cup of water, heated to 11 degrees (very warm, but not boiling)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2.75 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated light cheese
Find a transparent bowl for preparing your dough here. Offered for EGP 14.
Find stainless steel cheese grater here. Offered for EGP 17.
Tips about the topping
- Use veggies
- Use light cheese instead of mozzarella
- Use basil and parsley to give a nice tasty flavor
- Add tomatoes as they are antioxidants, so they will help clean the whole body and boost the metabolism
- Keep your pizza’s crust thin
- Use cooking spray instead of butter to reduce the intake of fats and calories
- Use caramelized onions for a sweet taste
Greek Pizza Recipe
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped and cooked until softened
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped onion, can be caramelized if you prefer the sugary taste
- 1/2 cup mashed feta
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (you can substitute with basil and parsley if you didn’t find oregano)
- 1/4 kg medium peeled shrimp
- Spread your thin dough in your tray
- Top with marinara sauce
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Bake at 450 degrees until the shrimp is cooked and the crust is brown (around 25 minutes)
- Add the oregano or your favorite herbs and it’s ready to serve.
Find Pyrex pizza tray here. Offered for EGP 98.
Find Stainless steel pizza cutter here. Offered for EGP 65.
Read also: Top 10 home fitness equipment
Perfect for breakfast for you and your kids before school. Our twist to make is healthier will be using brown sugar, banana, whole wheat flour, and oat instead of the normal ingredients.
- 1 cup uncooked rolled oat
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry milk powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2 cups milk (you can use skimmed milk for the least calories)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 mashed banana
- Blend the oat until it looks like flour.
- Mix the oat flour, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, salt, dry milk powder, baking soda, and baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla.
- Add the mashed banana to the egg, milk, and vanilla.
- Add both mixtures in one bowl and stir until softened.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- You can add berries to your mixture if you want to enjoy healthy nutritious pancakes.
- Heat your nonsticking pan, medium heat with a very small amount of oil.
- Add a medium amount of you mixture with a soup ladle in the pan. Wait for 2 minutes, when the edges become dry and the middle starts to bubble, flip the pancake on its other side.
- Repeat the flipping until browned on both sides.
- Topping options: peanut butter and apple slices, honey, homemade jam without too much sugar, or yogurt and fresh fruits.
Find soap ladle here. Offered for EGP 36.
Find Kitchen kit distribution here. Offered for EGP106.5
Find Nouval frying pan here. Offered for EGP 70.
Find more pans here.
Check out: 12 Tips for Healthy weight loss
General tips for weight loss and a healthier body:
- Drink two glasses of water before each meal and avoid drinking while eating.
- Cut off any artificially sweetened drinks, including sodas and juices.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks with your meal.
- Add half to one lemon to each liter of water you drink.
- Use apple vinegar in your food and on your salad.
- Start with the salad to feel full and eat smaller portions.
- Add avocado to your salad as it is full of healthy fats.
- Use chili pepper as it helps reduce appetite and increase fat burning.
- Whole grain products are a must as they make you feel full with smaller portions, and they contain fibers. Remember that they contain a high amount of carbs as well.
- Nuts are high in healthy fats but they can be a decent snack.
- Tuna and salmon are low calories, high protein foods, so keep them on your daily diet. Choose the tuna canned in water, not in oil. Salmon has iodine which makes your thyroid gland, work properly, which means proper metabolic rate. You can rinse the oil canned tuna in case you couldn’t find the water canned.
- Avoid juices and eat the whole fruit instead.
- Avoid some fruits that are high in sugar as mangoes and pineapple, if you want to lose weight.
- Drink skimmed milk to enjoy the nutrients and avoid the fats in it.
- Avoid microwave popcorn, as it might seem healthier because it has no oil, but actually, it is full of artificial substances that might your thyroid gland badly.
- Avoid topping your salad with high fat or high sugar dressings.
- Avoid sugar-free products as they include unhealthy sugar alternatives instead.
- Eggs are full of iodine which helps the thyroid gland to work efficiently.
- Yogurt and mushrooms can improve your thyroid gland efficiency.
- Chicken, spinach, and cashews are rich in zinc which is beneficial for the thyroid gland.
- Eat chicken breasts instead of thighs as they contain fewer calories.
- Cucumber and lettuce are very low fat foods, so you can eat them as a salad, in sandwiches, or as a snack.
- Potatoes are full of nutrients that are extremely healthy, yet they contain carbs; they can make you feel full with smaller portions than other foods. Avoid fries, and bake your potato in the oven, or cook them in the microwave without adding any high-calorie ingredients.
- Add healthy fresh herbs to your food to avoid the lack of flavor, instead of dressings, salt, or sugar.
Any product might be out of stock in stores at any time, but usually it becomes available soon. If you face any problem with a product, please let us know through a comment on the article or through our Facebook page.
Yaoota wishes you yummy healthy meals and a happy life. Your happy life starts from your nutrition plan, so keep it healthy and tasty.
Go to www.yaoota.com search, compare prices, and buy. Your orders will be delivered to your doorstep within a couple of days.