Shopping Online? Get Your Size Right With Yaoota’s Size Guide
Have you ever faced a situation where you enter a clothing shop, find a piece you like, and then are stuck on picking the right size because the size you usually get does not look like it will fit you this time? Or have you been stuck trying to decide which size will fit you when ordering clothes online? Do not worry your body has not changed; the size charts do differ from every brand to another. Well Yaoota is here to help you out with this comprehensive size guide.
Interestingly, it all started in the late 1800s in USA when a size chart was needed to produce mass clothing for men’s uniforms. Consequently, ready-made clothes were becoming more popular so in 1939, the US government funded a study to collect measurements from 50,000 women. This made sizes a bit standard for clothes. However, the group of women who showed up to the study were not very diverse so the size guides that resulted from the study were askew. Later, when popular brands started to emerge, each developed its own sizing guide based on its target audience. That is why size charts vary from one brand to another.
We face this dilemma when we shop right from the stores, but it gets harder when shopping online. Because Yaoota wants you to enjoy your online shopping experience, we are bringing you detailed size guides across different countries and clothing items so you can find your right size right away, in addition to useful tips for knowing your size.
Tips For Getting The Right Size
- You have to know your measurements first. For women, you would need to measure your bust, the fullest part of your chest, hips, around the hipbones, and the waist, the slimmest part around your upper body. For men, you would need to measure your chest size, waist size, neck size, and sleeve length. For trousers, you would need to measure your inseam, which is the length of the inner part of your legs. It is best if you have a professional or a friend do these measurements for you to get the most accurate results.
- For children, you need to know their waist, hips, and height measurements.
- If you shop from specific brands most of the time, write down your sizes for them so you do not have to go through the hassle of finding your right size every time.
- Check the website’s size charts to get a better idea of what size to buy.
- Try reading users’ reviews and see if they have reported anything about the brand’s sizes. Some brands make their clothes’ sizes run bigger, smaller, or just the right fit.
- Recognizing the material of the clothing piece/shoe will help you determine your size better. For example, some fabrics are naturally tighter fitting than others are, so you would know you need a bigger size.
- You can use websites like Size Charter that will help you know the brands that have your sizes.
- Check the model and fit of the clothing item, as for example slim fit tends to be tighter and casual fit tends to be looser.
- Make sure the website offers flexible exchange and/or refund policies in case you have a problem with the size after you have bought the item.
- If the website’s return policies are generous enough, you can even order two different sizes of the same item to see what fits you best and return the other.
- Keep the receipts at a safe place in case you need to return anything. Do not remove the tags when you are trying the items on.
Women’s Clothes Size Guide (Jackets, Dresses, Coats, and Blouses)
You can shop for women’s clothes here on Yaoota.
Women’s Footwear Size Guide
You can shop for women shoes here on Yaoota.
Men’s Clothes Size Guide (Blazers, Coats, and Suit Jackets)
Note that Europe includes Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Swedish, and Portuguese sizes.
You can shop for men’s clothes here on Yaoota.
Men’s Footwear Size Guide
You can shop for men’s shoes here on Yaoota.
Children’s Clothes Size Guide
|12-18 m||12 m||80 cm|
|18-24 m||18 m||80-86 cm||18 m|
|23/24 m||24 m||86-92 cm||2|
|7 to 8||7-8||122-128 cm||8|
|9 to 10||8-9||128-134 cm||9|
You can shop for children’s clothes here on Yaoota.
Children’s Footwear Size Guide
You can shop for children’s shoes here on Yaoota.
Some items may currently be out of stock, but they will be available soon. If you encounter any similar problem, please comment on the article, or contact us through our Facebook page.