6 Dos and Don’ts for a Successful Career
By Dina Amir
Work takes up most of our daily time, and this is why it’s a must to do your best to spend this time effectively and productively while also enjoying it. So Yaoota will help you out with some Dos and Don’ts for a successful career. For example, when you go to a new job, how to start making friends, how to manage your time, how to develop yourself, etc…
• You only have 24 hours a day
We all have families and friends, we need a break every now and then, time to sleep, eat, and so on. Here are some things to avoid wasting a lot of time on.
– When you’re at work, keep your mobile silent and stop playing games, or checking your social media. This will help you achieve more at work and have more free time when you go home to socialize.
– Every morning, make a to-do list with all the tasks that you need to finish. This will reduce the stress during the day, and you won’t waste a lot of time on every task and the next one. Try to stay focused and don’t be distracted or combine millions of tasks if you are not going at multitasking.
Check out these Happy Jackson colorful sticky notes offered for EGP 49
• Keep some limits with your workmates
– Don’t be arrogant or too open. For example, saying hello to everyone with a smile would be a great idea.
– Don’t reveal too much of personal information with everybody.
– Help your workmates when they need, as long as it won’t affect anyone or the work badly.
– It’s okay to have 2 or 3 close friends at work; you can chitchat with them every now and then.
– Avoid Gossip and talking about religion or politics.
– Congratulate people on special occasions and Birthdays.
• Once hired start developing yourself
Being hired means you’re a person with good potential for growing and development, especially if you’re starting your career. You need to work on yourself all the time, and yes you should consider it a race.
– Read more about your job and the related fields. Get to know the newest theories, techniques and technologies related; all of this will help you be more creative and give you great ideas.
Check out this book “Successful marketing in a week” offered for EGP 96
– Learn more about body language, as more than 90 percent of our communication is based on it. It will help you stay in control of your body language even during interviews, and if you’re a recruiter it will help choose the right employees, as body language can be a huge indicator to personality traits.
Check out this book “Introducing Body Language: A Practical Guide” offered for EGP 84
• Learn how to react when:
– You receive harsh comments from your boss: pause and think; if it’s a constructive criticism, get your notebook and write it down. Avoid giving offensive quick replies.
Check out this Daftar Cassette notebook offered for EGP 15
– When you’re given a new task to do: don’t start acting haphazardly, instead prepare the goal you want to reach at the end. For example, if you need to prepare a plan, then you need to get ideas, arrange the steps, choose a strategy, and so on. You also need to take responsibility as if you’re the manager, to do your best.
Check this Smart Pen for iPad 3/4 offered for EGP 608
– When you’re stressed: Try to avoid letting your anger out on anyone, instead get your iPod and listen to relaxing music or do any form of exercise or go for a short walk; these activities will help you improve your mood.
Check out this Apple iPod 2GB offered for EGP 555 and those In-Ear headphones by Philips offered for EGP 180
– When you’re hungry at work: if you work for 7-8 hours, you need to prepare a healthy snack and have it with you. Dark chocolate, nuts, salmon, blueberries, spinach, eggs, bananas, and green tea all of them can boost your concentration.
Check out this Snack Box offered for EGP 55
– When you have an important meeting in the morning: set your alarm 30- 50 mins earlier because you might be stressed, take a longer time to dress up, or there might be a traffic jam. Always try to pick a nice song or music for your alarm so you can wake up more relaxed.
Check out this Philips digital tuning clock radio offered for EGP 235 and this Coby digital photo frame with alarm clock offered for EGP 330
– When you are on vacation: enjoy your time and don’t think about work. Stay with your friends and family, play, go for long walks, do whatever you like to clear your mind so you can recharge your positive energy and work creatively and productively when you get back.
Check out this Dark Silver Travel Bag offered for EGP 366
Read also: Things to make travel easier
• Pick the right clothes, as they say a lot about you
You need to dress according to the impression you want to leave, as well as the dress code of the place you work in. And always remember to keep your clothes safe, ironed and smelling amazing.
– If you work in a serious place as banks, embassies, or ministries, you might want to give an impression of professionalism and elegance; then a nice suit with clean classic shoes would be good. Keep the colors simple and avoid over colorful clothes.
– If you work in a creative place as in music industry or advertising, you need to wear smart casual or appropriate casual. Dark jeans and a nice blouse or shirt would be good. Also, you can wear colorful things as long as they fit and they look appropriate for your work atmosphere.
You may also read: Items for Classic gentlemen and Ladies fashion chic combo
• If you’re a busy working mom, these tips will help you:
– Cook some meals during the weekend and keep them in the freezer, so when you don’t have the time to cook, you will have a quick and healthy backup in the freezer.
Check our this Samsung Door Freezer With Digital Inverter offered for EGP 7,596 and this Toshiba Deep Freezer 4 Drawer offered for EGP 3,040
– Teach your kids to be active and responsible as long as they won’t harm themselves, so they can help out with simple tasks.
Check out this Frozen Dot Maker offered for EGP 350
Your life is much easier now with online shopping, go to www.yaoota.com, search for the thing you want, order it, and it will be delivered to your doorstep. Yaoota wishes you a happy relaxing life and a successful career.