This product may not be available anymore.
Amlocard 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 30 Tablets Details
- The best price of
Amlocard 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 30 Tablets by
ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies
in Saudi Arabia is
- The first appearance of this product was on Jul 15, 2020
ِAl Dawaa Pharmacies's Description
- Amlocard 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 30 Tablets
Category Of Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
Mechanism Of Action Of Amlodipine
- Amlodipine inhibits calcium ion influx across cell membranes, with a greater effect on vascular smooth muscle cells. This causes vasodilation and a reduction in peripheral vascular resistance, thus lowering blood pressure.
Therapeutic Indications Of Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- To treat patients with high blood pressure (hypertension): High blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.
- To treat patients with Coronary Artery Diseases (Chronic Stable Angina, Vasospastic Angina (Prinzmetal’s or Variant Angina & Angiographically Documented Coronary Artery)
Method Of Administration Of Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- Take as indicated by your doctor.
- Take with a glass of water.
- If you are taking this medicine once daily, take it in the morning.
- Adult recommended starting dose: 5 mg once daily with a maximum dose of 10 mg once daily.
- Small, fragile, or elderly patients or patients with hepatic insufficiency may be started on 2.5 mg once daily.
- Pediatric starting dose: 2.5 mg to 5 mg once daily.
- Doses may be changed in special conditions so always follow your doctor's or pharmacist's instructions.
- If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the hospital straight away.
- If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
- Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for the forgotten dose.
Undesirable Side Effects Of Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- The most common adverse reactions are headache and edema which occurred in a dose-related manner.
- Other adverse experiences not dose-related but reported with an incidence >1.0% are fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, and somnolence
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Precautions While Taking Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Non-Pharmacological Treatments & Advice To Reduce Blood Pressure
- To measure blood pressure correctly:
- Don’t eat or drink anything 30 minutes before you take your blood pressure.
- Empty your bladder before your reading.
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your back supported for at least 5 minutes before your reading.
- Put both feet flat on the ground and keep your legs uncrossed.
- Rest your arm with the cuff on a table at chest height.
- Make sure the blood pressure cuff is snug but not too tight. The cuff should be against your bare skin, not over clothing.
- Do not talk while your blood pressure is being measured.
- You will also find the following Non-Pharmacological treatments effective in blood pressure reduction:
- Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a healthy diet
- Reduce sodium in your diet
- Quit smoking
- Reduce caffeine
- Reduce your stress
- Monitor your blood pressure at home using for example Beurer, Blood Pressure Monitor or Omron, Blood Pressure Measuring Device
- See your doctor regularly
Warnings & Special Precautions while Taking Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- Symptomatic hypotension is possible, particularly in patients with severe aortic stenosis. However, because of the gradual onset of action, acute hypotension is unlikely.
- Worsening angina and acute myocardial infarction can develop after starting or increasing the dose of Amlodipine, particularly in patients with severe obstructive coronary artery disease.
- Titrate slowly when administering calcium channel blockers to patients with severe hepatic impairment
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all your medication you take even those without prescription before starting amlodipine
Storage Conditions Of Amlocard 5 Mg Tablets
- Store below 25°c
- Don’t refrigerate
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box/blisters/label. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
- Normal: Blood pressure numbers of less than 120/80 mm Hg
- Elevated: is when readings consistently range from 120-129 systolic and less than 80 mm Hg diastolic.
- Hypertension Stage 1: is when blood pressure consistently ranges from 130-139 systolic or 80-89 mm Hg diastolic.
- Hypertension Stage 2: is when blood pressure consistently ranges at 140/90 mm Hg or higher.
- Hypertensive crisis: This stage of high blood pressure requires medical attention. If your blood pressure readings suddenly exceed 180/120 mm Hg, wait five minutes and then test your blood pressure again. If your readings are still unusually high, contact your doctor immediately. You could be experiencing a hypertensive crisis.
For More Information About Amlodipine
- Ask your physician or pharmacist
- Visit Medscape at Information About Amlodipine
- Visit Drugbank at Information About Amlodipine
- Visit Drugs.com at Information About Amlodipine
- SFDA website at Information About Amlodipine
Top Products in Medicinemore
Reviews of Amlocard 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 30 Tablets
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
Video Reviews of Amlocard 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 30 Tablets