- Beauty - Equality - Empowerment
- For all Skin Types
- Ethical Body Care
- All-In-1 for all Skin Types
- Body Wash - Face Cleanser - Hand Soap - Shaving
- Traditional West African Ingredient
- Empowering Communities
- Made with Authentic Shea Butter
- Ethical Trade
- No Animal Testing
- Paraben Free
- Biodegradable Ingredients
Alaffia \ah-la-fee-uh\ noun. A common greeting or valediction originating from Togo, Benin, and Nigeria. Alaffia means a state of peace, health, and well-being.
Alaffia's authentic black soap is made from a centuries old recipe of handcrafted shea butter and West Africa palm kernel oil. Black soap is known by its Yoruba name, Osse' Dudu means "black", which comes from extensive cooking of the soap to the point of charcoal. Many cultures in West Africa use charcoal to detoxify and purify the skin.