- Promotes unrestricted endogenous insulin action
- Decreases hepatic glucose production and prevents hyperglycemia.
- Reduces excessive blood sugar.
- Increases the activity of enzymes responsible for glucose absorption and utilization.
- NOTE: Diabecon DS (Double Strength) has double the active ingredients of the ordinary Diabecon tablets.
Ayurveda texts and modern research back the following facts:Shilajeet decreases hepatic glucose production and prevents hyperglycemia. Shilajeet has a protective action on b-cells of the pancreas and promotes unrestricted endogenous insulin action.Gymnema’s (Meshashringi) principal constituent is gymnemic acid, which has antidiabetic properties. It reduces excessive blood sugar. It also has a regenerative effect on pancreatic beta cells and is insulinotropic, which means that it stimulates the production and activity of insulin. Gymnema temporarily abolishes the taste for sugar and helps decrease sugar cravings. It increases the activity of enzymes responsible for glucose absorption and utilization.Indian Kino Tree’s (Pitasara) principal constituent, epicatechin, has alpha-glucosidase inhibitory properties and regularizes key metabolic enzymes involved in carbohydrate metabolism.NOTE: Diabecon DS (Double Strength) has double the active ingredients of the ordinary Diabecon tablets.