- Honey is a rich source of antioxidants
- It has antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Quickens the healing of wounds
- Supports the digestive system
- Great for soothing a sore throat
For many years, honey has been used both as food and medicine. It's very high in beneficial plant compounds and offers several health benefits. Honey is particularly healthy when used instead of refined sugar, which is 100% empty calories. Where honey shines is in its content of bioactive plant compounds and antioxidants. Darker types tend to be even higher in these compounds than lighter types.