- The best price of Under the Naked Sky by AUC Press in Egypt is 60 EGP
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to Under the Naked Sky are sold at
with prices starting at 45 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
- Amongst similar products of Under the Naked Sky the cheapest price is 45 EGP
AUC Press's Description
Drawing on an intimate knowledge of modern Arabic writing, Denys Johnson-Davies brings together in this collection a colorful mosaic of life as lived and portrayed by Arabs from Morocco to Iraq. From a diverse area of the world with the common factor of a written language, these thirty stories tell of an old Moroccan peasant woman who kills snakes; an Iraqi soldier who returns home as a stranger after years as a prisoner-of-war; a repairer of lost virginities in a Tunisian village; a typically Mahfouzian start to a train journey; the steamy meeting of two women and a cat at the height of an Iraqi summer; the ill-fated attraction of a boy to a magical bird in the Tuareg deserts of Libya; and a novel way of hunting ducks in the Nile Delta. The purveyors of this strange and delightful cornucopia of fictions include Naguib Mahfouz, Yusuf Idris, Gamal al-Ghitani, and Mohamed El-Bisatie from Egypt; Fuad al-Takarli and Mohamed Khudayyir from Iraq; Zakaria Tamer from Syria; Hanan al-Shaykh from Lebanon; and Ibrahim al-Kouni from Libya.
Reviews of Under the Naked Sky
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 45 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit CardE-Payment
|Price: 75 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit Card