The Turks in Egypt and Their Cultural Legacy Details
- The best price of
The Turks in Egypt and Their Cultural Legacy by
in Egypt is
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to The Turks in Egypt and Their Cultural Legacy are sold at
with prices starting at 300 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
- Amongst similar products of The Turks in Egypt and Their Cultural Legacy the cheapest price is 300 EGP
AUC Press's Description
Though Egypt was ruled by Turkish-speakers through most of the period from the ninth century until 1952, the impact of Turkish culture there remains under-studied. This book deals with the period from 1805 to 1952, during which Turkish cultural patterns, spread through reforms based on those of Istanbul, may have touched more Egyptians than ever before. An examination of the books, newspapers, and other written materials produced in Turkish, including translations, and of the presses involved, reveals the rise and decline of Turkish culture in government, the military, education, literature, music, and everyday life. The author also describes the upsurge in Turkish writing generated by Young Turk exiles from 1895 to 1909.
Included is a CD containing Appendices of extensive bibliographic information concerning books and periodicals printed in Egypt during this period.
Reviews of The Turks in Egypt and Their Cultural Legacy
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 300 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit Card