- Fill the freezer core with ice and place it in the freezer.
- Place your loose leaves in the infuser and attach it to the lid.
- Pour hot water in the pitcher.
- Place the infuser in the pitcher and allow to steep in the hot water.
- Remove infuser after steeping, place lid on top and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Upon serving attach freezer core to lid. The freezer core will keep the iced tea cold longer.
The Steep and Chill is a product for tea drinkers who want to steep loose tea for iced teaand chill the tea without diluting a single drop of it. The Tea Spot's Steep and Chill allows you to steep loose leaf tea then chill it in the same pitcher without adding ice or cold water.
Making iced tea from loose leaf tea can be a big hassle. To make it turn out right, one has to remove the tea leaves before the tea over steeps. This often means that we must decant the tea from the teapot through a tea strainer and into a pitcher. Then to get it cold and keep it cold, we must add ice. While we can compensate for the added water from the melted ice by doubling the amount of tea we use, this can often result in bitter tasting tea. It can be hard to guess just how much tea you need in order to compensate.