- The best price of
The Egyptian Theatre in the Nineteenth Century 1799–1882 by
in Egypt is
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to The Egyptian Theatre in the Nineteenth Century 1799–1882 are sold at
with prices starting at 20 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
- Amongst similar products of The Egyptian Theatre in the Nineteenth Century 1799–1882 the cheapest price is 20 EGP
from AUC Press
AUC Press's Description
Using previously unexploited sources, Philip Sadgrove provides a comprehensive account of the early history of theatre in Egypt, from the time of the French expeditionary force led by Napoleon in 1798, to the British occupation in 1882. His study looks at traditional forms of indigenous Arabic drama, the rise of European theatre in Egypt, the first abortive attempts to create a modern Arabic theatre in the early 1870s, and the project for a National Theatre. Finally, it tells the story of the émigré Syrian troupes that were to play a decisive part in establishing a modern theatrical tradition. The author also sheds new light on the role of the dramatist and nationalist James Sanua and other lesser-known Egyptian pioneers of the theatre.
Reviews of The Egyptian Theatre in the Nineteenth Century 1799–1882
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 20 EGP||Payment methods: |