Sharia and the Making of the Modern Egyptian Details
- The best price of
Sharia and the Making of the Modern Egyptian by
in Egypt is
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to Sharia and the Making of the Modern Egyptian are sold at
Jumia, AUC Press
with prices starting at 38 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
- Amongst similar products of Sharia and the Making of the Modern Egyptian the cheapest price is 38 EGP
AUC Press's Description
In this new study, the author examines sijills, the official documents of the Ottoman Islamic courts, to understand how sharia law, society, and the early-modern economy of sixteenth- and seventeenth-century Ottoman Cairo related to the practice of custom in determining rulings. In the sixteenth century, a new legal and cultural orthodoxy fostered the development of an early-modern Islam that broke new ground, giving rise to a new concept of the citizen and his role. Contrary to the prevailing scholarly view, this work adopts the position that local custom began to diminish and decline as a source of authority.
These issues resonate today, several centuries later, in the continuing discussions of individual rights in relation to Islamic law.
Reviews of Sharia and the Making of the Modern Egyptian
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 38 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit CardE-Payment
|Price: 275 EGP||Payment methods: |