First of all, it is an Arduino Mega Pololu Shield or RAMPS 1.4 for short. Designed to fit the entire electronics needed for a RepRap in one small package for low cost. RAMPS interfaces an Arduino Mega and has plenty room for expansion. Also, the modular design includes a plug-in steppers drivers and extruder control electronics on an Arduino MEGA shield for easy service. Furthermore, it eases part replacement, upgrade-ability, and expansion. Additionally, a number of Arduino expansion boards can be added to the system as long as the main RAMPS board is kept to the top of the stack.
Ramps 1.4 Control Board Features
- 3 PWM controlled MOSFET powered outputs.
- Power and Thermistor Support for 2nd Extruder.
- Heated bed control with 11A fuse
- 3 thermistor circuits, 2x Extruder, 1x heatbed.
- 5 stepstick Stepper Driver sockets
- 6 sets of Digital Pins in headers with VCC and GND for endstops
- Extra pins broke out : PWM, digital, serial, SPI, I2C and analog
- Supports Bluetooth and SD card add on upgrades
- Expandable to control other accessories. such as Fans etc
- Fused at 5A for additional safety and component protection
- Thermal Overload Protection circuit
- LEDs indicate when heater outputs on
Ramps 1.4 Control Board Connectivity