- The best price of Poetry and Politics in Contemporary Bedouin Society by AUC Press in Egypt is 120 EGP
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to Poetry and Politics in Contemporary Bedouin Society are sold at
with prices starting at 356 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
AUC Press's Description
Colloquial Bedouin poetry remains a vibrant art that has manifold modern functions: commenting on world affairs; criticizing the domestic policies of Arab states; and highlighting poverty, discrimination, the corrupt practices of officialdom, and a compliant local media.
Each of the forty-one poems presented here is transliterated and translated into English verse, with historical and contextual annotation. The tone is sometimes bitter, sometimes satirical, sometimes scurrilous, and often amusing. The poems are prefaced with an essay on the practice of modern Bedouin poetry. Included are appendices containing the Arabic script versions of the poems, extensive language notes, and a glossary.
“This is an extremely important collection of popular Arabic poetry. . . it is the sheer excellence of the resulting English translations that linger in the mind, providing the reader with a clear picture of a brilliant and continuing tradition of popular improvised poetry that today maintains and fosters a heritage stretching back for centuries.”
—Roger Allen, University of Pennsylvania
Reviews of Poetry and Politics in Contemporary Bedouin Society
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 356 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit CardE-Payment