- The best price of Femininity and Dance in Egypt: Embodiment and Meaning in al-Raqs al-Baladi by AUC Press in Egypt is 20 EGP
- Available payment methods are
- Delivery fees are 16-40 EGP
- Similar products to Femininity and Dance in Egypt: Embodiment and Meaning in al-Raqs al-Baladi are sold at
with prices starting at 150 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Apr 17, 2014
AUC Press's Description
Considering the paradoxical position of al-raqs al-baladi or “belly dance” in Egyptian social life, as both a vibrant and a contested cultural form, this issue of Cairo Papers in Social Science considers the impact of wider socio-cultural and political forces on the marginalization of professional performers, on the one hand, and in defining the parameters for non-professional performances on the other hand. Through interviews with professional and non-professional female dancers in Egypt, it explores the relationship between al-raqs al-baladi and the dynamic cultural repertoire that produces notions of femininity and normative personhood in Egypt. As a dance that Egyptians learn in childhood, it exposes the cardinal relationship between culture and body movement. The study received the Magda al-Nowaihi Award for best graduate work on gender studies in 2010.
Cairo Papers in Social Science 32/3
Reviews of Femininity and Dance in Egypt: Embodiment and Meaning in al-Raqs al-Baladi
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 150 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on DeliveryCredit CardE-Payment