- 18 Megapixel EXR CMOS sensor
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- 3.0-inch Color LCD monitor
- Cinematic 1080p movies
- Power Source: Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Share your images and control your camera over Wi-Fi
Combining fantastic image quality with a range of smart features, the EOS 1300D is an ideal entry point into the world of DSLR photography. Designed for first-time DSLR owners who want impressive results straight out of the box, you can capture those magic moments no matter what your skill level with the EOS 1300D. With easy to use automatic shooting modes, a 18.0 MP APS-C CMOS sensor and Canon’s DiG!C 4+ processor, the EOS 1300D is always ready to go. Its now easy to share your images to your favorite social network sites thanks to built in WiFi & NFC.
- Large APS-C 18 megapixel CMOS sensor for stunning detail
- Great low light shots
- Automatically selects the best settings
- Choice of AF points for creative framing
- Continuous shooting up to 3 frames per second
- Powerful DIGIC processing
- Large bright screen for clear viewing
- Easily create engaging movies
- Apply creative effects to your images
- Cinematic 1080p movies
- On camera guide to help you learn
- Experiment with the EOS System
- Share your images and control your camera over Wi-Fi
- NFC simplifies smartphone sharing
The large high-resolution APS-C sized 18.0MP CMOS sensor produces images with sharp detail and beautiful background blur. This high resolution will enable you to print large images as well as give you the flexibility to crop.
Camera Connect App
The Canon Camera Connect app makes it easy to see what your camera has captured, transfer photos and videos to your mobile device, and use your device to control your camera.
Shoot and Learn
The built-in feature guide helps you to understand each mode as you use it, guiding you to capture even more beautiful images. Explanations of the various functions and effects of the shooting modes are provided on the LCD monitor, allowing first-time SLR users to shoot with peace of mind and learn on the run.
Full HD Movies
In addition to capturing beautiful still images with ease, you can also record movies of your family memories with the EOS 1300D in Full HD video quality.
Review your images on a bright 3" LCD screen with huge 920,000 dots resolution. You can even zoom in on images on the screen to check focus.
Bring out your creativity with a range of easy in built creative filters such as Miniature effect, Fish-eye and Toy camera.
- Type: Approx. 22.3 mm x 14.9 mm
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 18.7 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: Manual cleaning and Dust Delete Data acquisition
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor
- AF System/ Points: 9 AF points (f/5.6 cross type at centre)
- AF working range: Centre AF point: EV 0 -18 (at 23°C & ISO100). Other AF points: EV 1 -18 (at 23°C & ISO100)
- AF Modes: AI Focus. One Shot. AI Servo
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, Manual selection
- Selected AF point display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on LCD monitor
- Predictive AF: Yes, up to 10m
- AF Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode.
- AF Assist Beam: Intermittent firing of built-in flash or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens
- Metering modes: TTL full aperture metering with 63-zone SPC. (1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points). (2) Partial metering at center (approx. 10% of viewfinder). (3) Center weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO100)
- AE Lock: Auto: In 1-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved. Manual: By AE lock button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 3 shots +/- 2 EV, 1/2 or 1/3-stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity: AUTO (100-6400), 100-6400 in 1-stop increments. ISO can be expanded to H: 12800. During Movie shooting: Auto (100-6400), 100-6400 (Whole stop increments)
- Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter, with electronic first curtain
- Speed: 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Type: Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings: AWB (Ambience priority, White priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White. Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom.
- White balance compensation: 1. Blue/Amber +/-9. 2. Magenta/ Green +/-9.
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
- WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single level increments. 3 bracketed images per shutter release. Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/Green bias.
- Type: Pentamirror
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.80x¹
- Eyepoint: Approx. 21mm (from eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptre Correction: -2.5 to +0.5 m⁻¹ (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4 or shorter)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information: AF points, focus confirmation light. Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level/compensation, exposure warning, AEB. Flash information: Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation, red-eye reduction light. Image information: Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1 digit display), White balance correction, SD card information
- Depth of field preview: Yes, assigned to SET button with C.Fn-9-4
- Eyepiece shutter: On strap
- Type: 7.5cm (3.0") TFT, approx. 920k dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (horizontally/vertically): Approx 170°
- Brightness Adjustment: Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Display Options: (1) Quick Control Screen. (2) Camera settings
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters): 9.2
- Built-in Flash Coverage: up to 17mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 27mm)
- Built-in Flash recycle time: Approx. 2 seconds
- Modes: Auto, Manual Flash On/off
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes - with red eye reduction lamp
- X-sync: 1/200sec
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 2EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC terminal: Yes/No
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites, wireless multi-flash support (with optional accessory)
- External Flash Control: via camera menu screen, except for wireless radio flash shooting settings
- Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto, No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Food, Night Portrait, Movie, Program AE , Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Image Processing: Highlight Tone Priority. Auto Lighting Optimizer (4 settings). Long exposure noise reduction. High ISO speed noise reduction (4 settings). Auto Correction of Lens Peripheral illumination. Basic+ (Shoot by ambience selection, Shoot by lighting or scene type). Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Toy camera, Miniature effect, Fish-eye) - during image Playback only
- Drive modes: Single, Continuous, Self timer (2s, 10s+remote, 10s + continuous shots 2-10)
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 3fps for approx. 1110 JPEG images¹, 6 images RAW² ³
Live View Mode
- Type: Electronic viewfinder with image sensor
- Coverage: Approx. 100% (horizontally and vertically)
- Frame Rate: 30 fps
- Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen). Autofocus: Quick mode, Live mode
- Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor. Active metering time can be changed
- Display Options: Grid overlay, Histogram
- Still Image Type: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0), RAW: RAW (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition), Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- RAW+JPEG simultaneous recording: Yes, RAW + Large JPEG
- Movie Type: MOV (Video: H.264, Sound: Linear PCM, recording level can be manually adjusted by user)
- Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.976 fps). 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps). 640 x 480 (30, 25 fps)
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec, Max file size 4GB
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
- File Numbering: (1) Consecutive numbering. (2) Auto reset. (3) Manual reset
- JPEG 3:2: (L) 5184x3456, (M) 3456x2304, (S1) 2592x1728, (S2) 1920x1280, (S3) 720x480
- JPEG 4:3: (L) 4608x3456, (M) 3072x2304, (S1) 2304x1728, (S2) 1696x1280, (S3) 640x480
- JPEG 16:9: (L) 5184x2912, (M) 3456x1944, (S1) 2592x1456 (S2) 1920x1080, (S3) 720x400
- JPEG 1:1: (L) 3456x3456, (M) 2304x2304, (S1) 1728x1728, (S2) 1280x1280, (S3) 480x480
- RAW: (RAW) 5184x3456
- Custom Functions: 11 Custom Functions with 33 settings
- Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in camera). Image rating (0-5 stars)
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback zoom: 1.5x - 10x enabled in 15 steps
- Display Formats: (1) Single image with information (2 levels). (2) Single image. (3) Index display (4/9/36/100 images). (4) Jump Display (1/10/100 images, by Date,by Folder, Movies only, Stills only, by Rating)
- Slide Show: Image selection: All images, by Date, by Folder, Movies, Stills, Rating. Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10 or 20 seconds. Repeat: On/Off. Transition Effect: Off, Slide 1, Slide 2, Fade 1, Fade 2, Fade 3. Background Music: On, Off
- Histogram: Brightness: Yes. RGB: Yes
- Highlight Alert: Yes (Shooting information display only)
- Image Erase/Protection: Erase: Single image, All images in folder, Checkmarked images, unprotected images. Protection: Erase protection of one image at a time
- Menu Categories: (1) Shooting menu (x4). (2) Playback menu (x2). (3) Setup menu (x3). (4) My Menu
- Menu Languages: English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean and Japanese
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer: Hi-Speed USB
- Other: Video output (PAL/ NTSC) (integrated with USB terminal), HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible)
- Wi-Fi: Built-in Wi-Fi transmission
- Connectivity to Smart devices is possible with Android version 4.0-4.4/5.0-5.1 or iOS 7.1/8-8.3.
- NFC connectivity is possible only with compatible Android devices.
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Yes
- Type: SD card, SDHC card or SDXC card
Supported Operating System
- PC & Macintosh: Windows 10 / 8.1 / 8 / 7 With Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is installed.
- Mac OS X 10.9, 10.10, 10.11
- Browsing & Printing: Digital Photo Professional 4.4.0 (RAW Image Processing)
- Image Processing: EOS Utility. EOS Lens Registration Tool. EOS Web Service Registration Tool. EOS Sample Music. Picture Style Editor
- Batteries: 1 x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E10
- Battery life: Approx. 500 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%). Approx. 410 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Indicator: 4 levels
- Power saving: Power turns off after 30sec or 1, 2, 4, 8 or 15mins.
- Body Materials: Carbon fiber/glass fiber and polycarbonate resin
- Operating Environment: 0 – 40 °C, 85% or less humidity
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 129.0 x 101.3 x 77.6mm
- Weight (body only): Approx. 485g (CIPA testing standard, including battery and memory card)