RAM Electronics's Description
This Board is 100% original by ARDUINO & MADE IN ITALY
The Arduino USB Host Shield allows you to connect a USB device to your
Arduino board. The Arduino USB Host Shield is based on the MAX3421E , which is
a USB peripheral/host controller containing the digital logic and analog
circuitry necessary to implement a full-speed USB peripheral or a
full-/low-speed host compliant to USB specification rev 2.0. The shield is
TinkerKit compatible, which means you can quickly create projects by plugging
TinkerKit modules onto the board.
The following device classes are supported by the shield:
* HID devices: keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
* Game controllers: Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360.
* USB to serial converters: FTDI, PL-2303, ACM, as well as certain cell
phones and GPS receivers.
* ADK-capable Android phones and tables.
* Digital cameras: Canon EOS, Powershot, Nikon DSLRs and P&S, as well as
* Mass storage devices: USB sticks, memory card readers, external hard
* Bluetooth dongles. For information on using the shield with the Android
OS, seeGoogle's ADK documentation
Arduino communicates with the MAX3421E using the SPI bus (through the ICSP
header). This is on digital pins 10, 11, 12, and 13 on the Uno and pins 10, 50,
51, and 52 on the Mega. On both boards, pin 10 is used to select the MAX3421E.
* Operating Voltage 5V
* USB Controller MAX3421E
* Max Current 500mA when Arduino is powered by a suitable power supply
connected to the Arduino power jack
* Max Current 400mA when Arduino is powered by its USB port