Why 8-Channel 5V Relay?
Firstly, having your Arduino control higher-power devices like lights, motors, pumps, doors, and much more is one of the most interesting and useful applications you may run through. But it can be a little difficult and possibly dangerous when power line voltages are being controlled. There are significant differences in controlling AC power compared to DC.
8-Channel 5V Relay Specifications
- 5V 8-Channel Relay interfaces board and needs 15-20mA Driver Current per relay
- Equipped with 8xhigh-current relay, AC250V 10A ; DC30V 10A
- Standard interface that can be controlled directly by microcontroller (Arduino , 8051, AVR, PIC, DSP, ARM, ARM, MSP430, TTL logic
Required Hardware Devices
- Arduino controller × 1
- USB data cable × 1
- 1 relay module × 1
The following is to connect ONE channel (relay), repeat to connect additional channels on different Arduino digital pins.
- Arduino digital pin 10 –> module pin IN
- Arduino GND –> module pin –
- Arduino +5V –> module pin +
Code//This is to connect ONE 5V relay module, repeat for other relays using other digital pinsint
relay =10;// relay turns trigger signal - active high;void
OUTPUT);// Define port attribute is output;}void
HIGH);// relay conduction;
LOW);// relay switch is turned off;