The U.N. Building (United Nations) Details
- The best price of
The U.N. Building (United Nations) by
in Egypt is
- Available payment methods are
Cash on Delivery
- Delivery fees are 10 EGP, with delivery expected within 5-8 day(s)
- Similar products to The U.N. Building (United Nations) are sold at
with prices starting at 222 EGP
- The first appearance of this product was on Aug 20, 2014
- Amongst similar products of The U.N. Building (United Nations) the cheapest price is 222 EGP
from CAIRO BOOKS
CAIRO BOOKS's Description
Published on the celebration of the United Nations' sixtieth anniversary. When
it was completed in 1952 on a site on New York's East River, the United Nations
building stood as a symbol of world humanitarianism, a beacon of unity after
the Second World War. One of the most historic commissions of the twentieth
century was seen through by architect Wallace Harrison, whose triumph put him
on the cover of Time magazine.
Today, more than fifty years later, the building is regarded as one of the
pinnacles of mid-century modernism. Its magnificent public spaces and assembly
halls, as well as its artworks by Picasso, Chagall, and many others, make it
one of the most visited sites in New York.
This publication presents a portrait of this fascinating building, through
specially commissioned photography and illuminating essays that bring alive the
historic events, speeches, and gatherings that have been central to the world's
development since 1945. 200 illustrations in color and black and white.
Reviews of The U.N. Building (United Nations)
- No reviews exist yet for this product.
|Product||Store||Price||Payment methods||Delivery time||Fees|
|Price: 222 EGP||Payment methods: |
Cash on Delivery