- The best price of Dying Words: Endangered Languages and What They Have to Tell Us (The Language Library) by CAIRO BOOKS in Egypt is 198 EGP
- Available payment methods are
Cash on Delivery
- Delivery fees are 10 EGP, with delivery expected within 5-8 day(s)
- The first appearance of this product was on Aug 20, 2014
CAIRO BOOKS's Description
The next century will see more than half of the world’s 6,000 languages become
extinct, and most of these will disappear without being adequately recorded.
Written by one of the leading figures in language documentation, this
fascinating book explores what humanity stands to lose as a result.
Explores the unique philosophy, knowledge, and cultural assumptions of
languages, and their impact on our collective intellectual heritage Questions
why such linguistic diversity exists in the first place, and how can we can
best respond to the challenge of recording and documenting these fragile oral
traditions while they are still with us Written by one of the leading figures
in language documentation, and draws on a wealth of vivid examples from his own
field experience Brings conceptual issues vividly to life by weaving in
portraits of individual ‘last speakers’ and anecdotes about linguists and their
Reviews of Dying Words: Endangered Languages and What They Have to Tell Us (The Language Library)
- No reviews exist yet for this product.