وصف اي يو سي بريس
Ancient Egyptian civilization offers a dazzling—sometimes bewildering—array of kings and dynasties, gods and goddesses, temples and tombs. This new dictionary provides a comprehensive, authoritative reference guide to an endlessly fascinating subject.
• The most extensive and up-to-date single-volume Dictionary of Ancient Egypt—an indispensable guide to the greatest civilization of the ancient world
• Separate entry for every significant king of Egypt from the unification of the country in c. 3000 BC to the conquest of Alexander the Great in 332 BC
• Famous pharaohs such as Khufu (Cheops), Akhenaten, Tutankhamun, and Ramesses the Great, as well as lesser-known kings such as Rudamun and Takelot
• All the major sites from Alexandria to Abu Simbel, Giza to Thebes, and less familiar monuments from Abgig to Zawiyet el-Aryan
• Covers queens and courtiers, gods and goddesses, temples and tombs, as well as literature, language, and medicine
• What was the Aten? How did they make mummies? Where was the land of Punt? Who performed at the sed festival? When was the battle of Kadesh?
• Authoritative text, incorporating the latest research and discoveries
• Superb illustrations, many in color, across the full range of topics—objects, jewelry, statues, art and architecture, landscapes
• Includes king-list and reference section with maps and key site plans