The Motor Drive Shield L293D has two STMicroelectronics L293D Motor H-Bridge IC’s which can drive up to 4 DC motors (or up to 2 stepper motors) with 0.6 A per bridge (1.2 A peak). In addition to the 74HCT595N which is a shift register used for the H-Bridges to reduce the number of pins needed. A terminal block with a jumper is providing power to the DC/stepper motor. The FRDM board provides the 5 VDC for the servos.
Motor Drive Shield L293D Specifications
- 2 connections for 5V ‘hobby’ servos connected to the Arduino’s high-resolution dedicated timer – no jitter!
- Up to 4 bi-directional DC motors with individual 8-bit speed selection (so, about 0.5% resolution) Up to 2 stepper motors (unipolar or bipolar) with single coil, double coil, interleaved or micro-stepping.
- 4 H-Bridges: L293D chipset provides 0.6A per bridge (1.2A peak) with thermal shutdown protection, 4.5V to 25V
- Pull down resistors keep motors disabled during power-up
- Big terminal block connectors to easily hook up wires (10-22AWG) and power Arduino reset button brought up top
- 2-pin terminal block to connect external power, for separate logic/motor supplies
Motor Drive Shield Datasheet