- Author: John Krygier & Denis Wood
- Format: Paperback - 303 pages
- Dimensions: 180 x 235 x 20mm - 399.17g
- Publication date: 22 Sep 2005
- Publisher: Guilford Publications
- Language: English
Until now, the field has lacked a concise, down-to-earth guide for people who must make effective maps using GIS. "Making Maps" is visually engaging, clear, and compelling - exactly how maps should be if they are to meet your goals. Featuring over 300 maps and other figures, including instructive examples of both good and poor design choices, the book covers everything from locating and processing data to making decisions about layout, map symbols, color, and type. For students, professionals, and others who want to make better maps, this is an essential, uniquely helpful resource.