Step into DSLR photography and let your creativity grow. Produce superb photos and video with an 18-megapixel sensor and enjoy shooting with an easy to use Vari-angle Clear View LCD II Touch screen.Benefits
- Create high-quality low-noise images that are packed with detail
- Shoot 18-megapixel photos and Full-HD video from the same camera
- Movie Servo AF keeps moving subjects in focus when shooting video
- Explore different shooting angles with a Vari-Angle Clear View LCD II Touch Screen
- Get shooting quickly and easily with Scene Intelligent Auto
Superb image quality
Capture every detail with an 18-megapixel Hybrid CMOS AF sensor. The EOS 700D produces low-noise images that can be printed at large sizes or cropped for alternative compositions.
Produce Full HD movie projects
Shoot video at 1080p resolution, enjoying the right level of automatic or manual control for you. Hybrid AF technology enables continuous focusing when shooting video, and the EOS 700D supports near-silent Movie Servo AF with compatible STM lenses. Record stereo sound with a built-in or external microphone.
Keep up with fast moving action
Track moving subjects even if they move across the scene with an autofocus system comprising 9 cross-type AF points. Continuous shooting at 5 fps for bursts of up to 22 shots means you’ll never miss that decisive moment.
Explore new angles
Compose photos and movies from new and interesting angles using the EOS 700D’s Vari-angle 7.7cm (3.0”) 3:2 ratio Clear View LCD II Touch screen. Shoot over the top of crowds, or go for a dramatic ground-level viewpoint.
The EOS 700D is easy to use from the moment you first pick it up. Shoot and focus with a single tap of the camera’s touch screen, and use pinch and swipe gestures to navigate when reviewing images.
Scene Intelligent Auto
Shoot great pictures easily. Canon’s Scene Intelligent Auto mode analyses the scene and selects the most appropriate cameras settings automatically.
Taking your next creative steps
Choose from and preview a range of Creative filter effects, including Grainy Black & White, Toy Camera and Miniature effect. Theme-based scene modes automatically pick the right settings for the subject being photographed, while Creative Auto mode offers more control over factors like background blur, via an intuitive interface.
Take complete control
When you’re ready to advance your photography choose to Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority or Manual mode for complete control over your images.
Take great pictures even in low light, shooting without flash to capture the true ambience of an occasion. The EOS 700D features an ISO sensitivity range of ISO 100-12800 (extendable to ISO 25600).
Great results in difficult conditions
HDR Backlight Control mode captures three different exposures and combines them into one, retaining shadow and highlight detail. The EOS 700D’s Hand Held Night Scene mode captures multiple images at fast shutter speeds and blends them together for a blur-free result.
Technical SpecificationsImage Sensor
- Type: 22.3 x 14.9mm CMOS
- Effective Pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- Total Pixels: Approx. 18.5 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Low-Pass Filter: Built-in/Fixed
- Sensor Cleaning: EOS integrated cleaning system
- Colour Filter Type: Primary Colour
- Lens Mount: EF/EF-S
- Focal Length: Equivalent to 1.6x the focal length of the lens
- Type: TTL-CT-SIR with a CMOS sensor
- AF System/ Points: 9 cross-type AF points (f/2.8 at centre)
- AF Working Range: EV -0.5 -18 (at 23°C & ISO100)
- AF Modes: AI Focus, One Shot, AI Servo
- AF Point Selection: Automatic selection, Manual selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Superimposed in viewfinder and indicated on LCD monitor
- Predictive AF: Yes, up to 10m¹
- AF Lock: Locked when shutter button is pressed half way in One Shot AF mode.
- AF Assist Beam: Intermittent firing of built-in flash or emitted by optional dedicated Speedlite
- Manual Focus: Selected on lens
- Metering Modes: TTL full aperture metering with 63-zone SPC, (1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points), (2) Partial metering at center (approx. 9% of viewfinder), (3) Spot metering (approx. 4% of viewfinder at center), (4) Center weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens ISO100)
- AE Lock: Auto: In One-shot AF mode with evaluative metering exposure is locked when focus is achieved., Manual: By AE lock button in creative zone modes.
- Exposure Compensation: +/-5 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 stop increments (can be combined with AEB).
- AEB: 3 shots +/- 2 EV, 1/2 or 1/3-stop increments
- ISO Sensitivity: AUTO(100-6400), 100-12800 in 1-stop increments, ISO can be expanded to H: 25600, During Movie shooting: Auto (100-6400), 100-6400 (Whole stop increments) ISO can be expanded to H: 12800
- Type: Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- Speed: 30-1/4000 sec (1/2 or 1/3 stop increments), Bulb (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode)
- Type: Auto white balance with the imaging sensor
- Settings: AWB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, White, Fluorescent light, Flash, Custom., White balance compensation:, 1. Blue/Amber +/-9, 2. Magenta/ Green +/-9.
- Custom White Balance: Yes, 1 setting can be registered
- WB Bracketing: +/-3 levels in single level increments, 3 bracketed images per shutter release., Selectable Blue/Amber bias or Magenta/Green bias.
- Type: Pentamirror
- Coverage (Vertical/Horizontal): Approx. 95%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.85x (4)
- Eyepoint: Approx. 19mm (from eyepiece lens centre)
- Dioptre Correction: -3 to +1 m-1 (dioptre)
- Focusing Screen: Fixed
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (Transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60, no mirror cut-off with EF600mm f/4 or shorter)
- Viewfinder Information: AF information: AF points, focus confirmation light¹, Exposure information: Shutter speed, aperture value, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level/compensation, spot metering circle, exposure warning, AEB, Flash information: Flash ready, high-speed sync, FE lock, flash exposure compensation, red-eye reduction light, Image information: Highlight tone priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1 digit display), White balance correction, SD card information
- Depth of Field Preview: Yes, with Depth of Field preview button.
- Eyepiece Shutter: On strap
- Type: Touch screen vari angle 7.7cm (3.0") 3:2 Clear View II TFT, approx. 1040K dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Viewing Angle (Horizontally/Vertically): Approx. 170°
- Coating: Solid Structure and Anti smudge
- Brightness Adjustment: Adjustable to one of seven levels
- Display Options: (1) Quick Control Screen, (2) Camera settings
- Built-in Flash GN (ISO 100, meters): 13
- Built-in Flash Coverage: up to 17mm focal length (35mm equivalent: 28mm)
- Built-in Flash Recycle Time: Approx. 3 seconds
- Modes: Auto, Manual flash, Integrated Speedlite Transmitter
- Red-Eye Reduction: Yes - with red-eye reduction lamp
- X-Sync: 1/200sec
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/- 2EV in 1/2 or 1/3 increments
- Flash Exposure Bracketing: Yes, with compatible External Flash
- Flash Exposure Lock: Yes
- Second Curtain Synchronisation: Yes
- HotShoe/ PC Terminal: Yes/ No
- External Flash Compatibility: E-TTL II with EX series Speedlites, wireless multi-flash support
- External Flash Control: via camera menu screen
Live View Mode
- Modes: Scene Intelligent Auto (Stills and Movie), No Flash, Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, SCN (Night Portrait, Handheld Night Scene, HDR Backlight Control), Program AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual (Stills and Movie)
- Picture Styles: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- Colour Space: sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Drive Modes: Single, Continuous, Self timer (2s, 10s+remote, 10s + continuous shots 2-10)
- Continuous Shooting: Max. Approx. 5fps. for approx. (speed maintained for approx. 22 images (JPEG)¹, 6 images (RAW))
- Type: Electronic viewfinder with image sensor
- Coverage: Approx. 99% vertically and approx.100% horizontally
- Frame Rate: 60 fps
- Focusing: Manual Focus (Magnify the image 5x or 10x at any point on screen), Autofocus: Hybrid CMOS AF (Face detection and Tracking AF, FlexiZone-Multi, FlexiZone-Single), Phase detection AF (Quick mode)
- Metering: Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor., Evaluative metering, partial metering, spot metering, center-weighted average metering.
- Display Options: Grid overlay (x2), Histogram, Multi aspect ratios
- Still Image Type: JPEG: Fine, Normal (Exif 2.30 compliant) / Design rule for Camera File system (2.0),, RAW: RAW (14bit, Canon original RAW 2nd edition),, Digital Print Order Format [DPOF] Version 1.1 compliant
- RAW+JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Yes (RAW + Large JPEG only)
- Image Size: JPEG 3:2: (L) 5184x3456, (M) 3456x2304, (S1) 2592x1728, (S2) 1920x1280, (S3) 720x480, JPEG 4:3: (L) 4608x3456, (M) 3072x2304, (S1) 2304x1728, (S2) 1696x1280, (S3) 640x480, JPEG 16:9: (L) 5184x2912, (M) 3456x1944, (S1) 2592x1456 (S2) 1920x1080, (S3) 720x400, JPEG 1:1: (L) 3456x3456, (M) 2304x2304, (S1) 1728x1728, (S2) 1280x1280, (S3) 480x480, RAW: (RAW) 5184x3456
- Movie Type: MOV (Video: H.264, Sound: Linear PCM, recording level can be manually adjusted by user)
- Movie Size: 1920 x 1080 (29.97, 25, 23.976 fps), 1280 x 720 (59.94, 50 fps), 640 x 480 (30, 25 fps)
- Movie Length: Max duration 29min 59sec, Max file size 4GB (If file size exceeds 4GB a new file will be created automatically)
- Folders: New folders can be manually created and selected
- File Numbering: (1) Consecutive numbering, (2) Auto reset, (3) Manual reset
- Custom Functions: 8 Custom Functions with 24 settings
- Metadata Tag: User copyright information (can be set in camera), Image rating (0-5 stars)
- Intelligent Orientation Sensor: Yes
- Playback Zoom: 1.5x - 10x enabled in 15steps
- Display Formats: (1) Single image with information (2 levels), (2) Single image, (3) 4 image index, (4) 9 image index, (4) Jump Display (1/10/100 images, by Date,by Folder, Movies only, Stills only, by Rating)
- Slide Show: Image selection: All images, by Date, Folder, Movies, Stills, Playback time: 1/2/3/5/10/20 seconds, Repeat: On/Off, Background music: On/Off, Transition effect: Off, Slide in 1, Slide in 2, Fade 1, Fade 2, Fade 3
- Histogram: Brightness: Yes, RGB: Yes
- Highlight Alert: Yes
- Image Erase/Protection: Erase: Single image, All images in folder, Checkmarked images, unprotected images, Protection: Single image, all images in folder, all images on card
- Menu Categories: (1) Shooting menu (x4), (2) Playback menu (x2), (3) Setup menu (x3), (4) Custom Functions menu, (5) My Menu
- Firmware Update: Update possible by the user.
- Computer: Hi-Speed USB
- Other: Video output (PAL/ NTSC) (integrated with USB terminal), HDMI mini output (HDMI-CEC compatible), External microphone (3.5mm Stereo mini jack)
- Canon Printers: Canon Compact Photo Printers and PIXMA Printers supporting PictBridge
- PictBridge: Yes
Supported Operating System
- Type: SD, SDHC or SDXC (UHS-I)card
- PC & Macintosh: Windows XP inc. SP3 / Vista inc. SP2 (excl. Starter Edition) / 7 inc. SP1(excl. Starter Edition) / 8, OS X v10.6-10.8 (Intel processor required)
- Browsing & Printing: ImageBrowser EX
- Image Processing: Digital Photo Professional
- Other: PhotoStitch, EOS Utility, Picture Style Editor
- Batteries: 1 x Rechargeable Li-ion Battery LP-E8
- Battery Life: Approx. 440 (at 23°C, AE 50%, FE 50%) (5), Approx. 400 (at 0°C, AE 50%, FE 50%)
- Battery Indicator: 4 levels
- Power Saving: Power turns off after 30sec or 1, 2, 4, 8 or 15mins.
- Power Supply & Battery Chargers: AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8, Battery charger LC-E8, LC-E8E
- Body Materials: Stainless Steel and polycarbonate resin with glass fiber
- Operating Environment: 0 – 40 °C, 85% or less humidity
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 133.1 x 99.8 x 78.8 mm
- Weight (Body Only): Approx. 580g (CIPA testing standard, including battery and memory card)