- 20.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- DIGIC 5+ Image Processor
- 3.0" 1.04m-Dot Clear View LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 30 fps
- 11-Point AF with Center Cross-Type Point
- Native ISO 25600, Extended to ISO 102400
The EOS 6D DSLR camera is the ideal tool for unlocking your creative vision. It features a 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, a wide ISO range of 100-25600, expandable to L: 50, H1: 51200, and H2: 102400, for incredible image quality even in low light, and a DIGIC 5+ Image Processor delivers enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed. A new 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV -3 sensitivity allows focusing in extreme low-light conditions, and with continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps, you are ready to capture fast action. Full HD video with manual exposure control, multiple frame rates, and the benefits of a Full-Frame sensor provides stunning performance and creative flexibility. The built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, or upload virtually anywhere from your iOS or Android smartphone with the free download of the Camera Connect app. You can use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the Camera Connect app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi® compatible printer. Perfect for travel and nature photography, the built-in GPS allows location data to be recorded while shooting. Compact, lightweight, brilliant low-light performance, and loaded with easy to use features, the EOS 6D is truly the Full-Frame DSLR camera for everyone.Features
- Newly designed 20.2 Megapixel Full-Frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, a wide range ISO setting 100-25600 (L: 50, H1: 51200, H2: 102400) for shooting from bright to dim light, and the next generation DIGIC 5+ Image Processor for enhanced noise reduction and exceptional processing speed.
- New 11-point AF including a high-precision center cross-type AF point with EV-3 sensitivity for focusing in extreme low-light conditions and a bright, high-quality viewfinder for easy focusing.
- iFCL Metering with 63-zone dual-layer metering sensor that utilizes AF and color information for optimizing exposure and image quality.
- Continuous shooting up to 4.5 fps for capturing fast-action.
- EOS HD Video with manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p) with 4 GB automatic file partitioning (continuous recording time: 29 minutes, 59 seconds), selectable "All i-frame" (UHS-I Card is required) or IPB compressions, embedded timecode, and manual audio level control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi® transmitter allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY, share your images with Wi-Fi® enabled Canon cameras, or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android smartphone with the free download of the Camera Connect app. Use your smartphone for remote camera control and operation (with the Camera Connect app), or even print your images on a Wi-Fi® compatible printer.
- Built-in GPS Receiver records location information (longitude, latitude, elevation and universal coordinated time (UTC)) as EXIF information for geotagging images when shooting.
- Compact and lightweight body with shutter durability tested up to 100,000 cycles, enhanced dust and weather resistance, and EOS Integrated Cleaning System for improved vibration-based dust removal.
- 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor, 160° viewing angle, 1,040,000-dot VGA, reflection resistance with multi coating and high-transparency materials for bright and clear viewing.
- High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Multiple Exposure modes expand creative possibilities, and Scene Intelligent Auto and Special Scene Modes lets you achieve high-quality images with ease.
- Compatible with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Type: Digital AF/AE single-lens reflex camera
- Recording Media: SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card
- Image Format: 35.8mm x 23.9mm (Full-Frame)
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF lenses (except EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- Lens Mount: Canon EF mount
- Type: CMOS Sensor
- Pixels: Effective: Approx. 20.2 megapixels
- Pixel Unit: 6.55 µm square
- Total Pixels: Approx. 20.6 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Recording Format: Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and EXIF 2.30
- Image Format: Still: JPEG, RAW (14-bit, Canon original), RAW+JPEG
- Backup Recording: N/A
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording: Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded simultaneously
- Color Space: sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style: Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined 1-3
- Settings: Auto, Preset (Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash), Custom (Approx. 2,000° - 10,000°K), Color Temperature (Approx. 2,500° - 10,000°K), White Balance Correction, and White Balance Bracketing
- Auto White Balance: Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation: Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
- Color Temperature Information Transmission: Provided
- Type: Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentaprism)
- Coverage: Vertical/Horizontal approx. 97%
- Magnification: Approx. 0.71x / 33.3°
- Eye Point: Approx. 21mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction: -3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Focusing Screen: Eg-A II provided. Interchangeable with Eg-D and Eg-S. Incompatible with Eg-A.
- Mirror: Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- Depth Of Field Preview: Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type: TTL secondary image-forming phase-difference detection system with AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points: 11 points
- AF Working Range: Center AF Point: EV -3 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100), Other AF points: EV +0.5 to 18 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100)
- AF Point Selection: (1) Automatic selection, (2) Manual selection
- Selected AF Point Display: Displayed or indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder and on the LCD monitor.
- Metering Modes: Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC
- Metering Range: EV 1-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.8 II lens, ISO 100)
- ISO Speed Range: For Stills: Manual setting range of ISO 100-25600 (expansion possible to ISO 50, ISO 51200 and 102400) in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments):
- Exposure Compensation: (1) Manual : ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments, (2) AEB : ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- AE Lock: Auto: Applied in One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering when focus is achieved.
- Type: Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Shutter Speeds: 1/4000 to 30 sec., X-sync at 1/180 sec. (Total shutter speed range. Available range varies by shooting mode.)
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Shutter Lag Time: (1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start of exposure: approx. 0.060 sec.: (2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2 ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.144 sec.
- Flash Metering: E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average flash metering)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
Live View Functions
- Drive Modes: (1) Single shooting, (2) Continuous shooting, (3) Silent single shooting, (4) Silent continuous shooting, (5) 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control, (6) 2-sec. self-timer
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous shooting: Max. approx. 4.5 fps, Silent continuous shooting: Max. approx. 3.0 fps
- Maximum Burst: Based on 8GB memory Card: JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 73 Shots, RAW: Approx. 14 Shots, RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 7 Shots: Based on 8GB UHS-I memory card: JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 250 Shots, RAW: Approx. 17 Shots, RAW + JPEG Large/Fine: 8 Shots
- Shooting Modes: Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Focusing: (1) Autofocus, - FlexiZone - Single, - Face Detection Live mode, - Quick Mode AF, (2) Manual Focus - Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
- Metering Range: EV 0-20 (at 73°F/23°C with EF 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display: Provided (three grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation: Provided
- Silent Shooting: Provided (Mode 1 and 2)
- File Format: MOV (Image data: MPEG-4 AVC / H.264), Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Frame Rates: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
- Range: Full Range (0-255)
- Exposure Compensation: Provided (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments)
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size: 3.0-inches (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2), 7.7cm diagonal (6.37cm wide, 4.25cm high)
- Pixels: Approx: 1,040,000 dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Brightness Control: Manually adjustable to one of 7 levels
- Coating: Resin cover and anti-reflection AR coating
- Interface Languages: 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
Image Protection and Erase
- Display Format: Single image display
- Highlight Alert: With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink.
- Histogram: Brightness and RGB can be displayed.
- Protection: Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image, all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
- Erase: Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images on folder, erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- Compatible Printers: PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images: RAW and JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
Direct Image Transfer
- DPOF: Complies to DPOF Version 1.1
- Compatible Images: Not Provided
- Custom Functions: 20 Custom Functions
- Custom Controls: The following camera controls can be customized by assigning the desired function: Shutter button halfway pressing, AF-ON button, AE lock button, Depth-of-field preview button, Lens AF Stop button, SET button, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, and Multi-controller
- My Menu Registration: Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function settings can be registered
- USB Terminal: For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB 2.0 Hi-Speed)
- Video Out Terminal: (1) AV stereo OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable, (2) mini-HDMI OUT terminal (Type C)
Dimensions and Weight
- Battery: One Battery Pack LP-E6
- Battery Life: 1) Camera Body Only:
- Battery Check: Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2mm
- Weight: Approx. 755g (CIPA standard), Approx. 680g (Body only)