Its compact design and easy-to-use control panel make this model the ideal solution for your home office, small-to-medium size business or large corporation.
The three-color LCD and three function key mode buttons allow for easy operation and clear visibility. An optional 250-sheet paper tray‡ is available for increasing your total paper capacity to 500 sheets.
- Fast printing and copying. Offers print and copy speeds of up to 21 pages per minute.
- Superior quality laser output. With up to 2400 x 600 dpi print resolution, you can produce professional documents.
- 30-page capacity auto document feeder. A quick and easy way to copy, fax or scan multi-page documents.
- Large, expandable paper capacity. Features a 250-sheet paper tray adjustable for letter or legal size paper. You can also install an optional 2nd 250-sheet paper tray‡ to increase your total paper capacity to 500 sheets.
- PCL6 and BR-Script 3 emulations. It can handle all of your printing, including documents with a variety of fonts and graphics.
- USB and parallel interfaces. Provides the flexibility of connecting to your computer via USB or Parallel or even to two computers.
- High-speed fax modem. Its 33.6K bps fax modem provides quick fax transmission.
- High yield replacement toner cartridge. You get more for your money while lowering your cost per page.
- Outstanding customer support. The Brother™ MFC-8220 offers a 1 year limited warranty with free phone support for the life of your product.
- Technology: Monochrome Laser
- Memory: 32MB (standard) / 160MB (maximum)
- Display: 2 lines x 16 characters
- Function: Print, Copy, Scan, Fax, PC Fax, Handset
- Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed , Parallel
- Print Speed: Up to 20ppm (A4) / 21ppm (Letter)
- Print Resolution: HQ1,200 (2,400 x 600dpi)
- Duplex (Double-sided) Print: Manual Duplex
- Emulation: PCL®6, GDI, BR-Script3 (PostScript®3 compatible)
- Multicopy (Stack): Up to 99 copies
- Enlargement / Reduction: 25% - 400% in 1% increments
- Copy Resolution: Up to 300 x 600dpi
- Copy Speed: Up to 20cpm (A4) / 21cpm (Letter)
- N-in-1 Function: Compress 2 or 4 pages onto a single sheet
- Modem Speed: 33.6 Kbps Super G3
- Transmission Speed: Approx. 2 secs
- Fax/Tel Switch: Automatic recognition of fax and telephone reception
- Speed Dials: Up to 300 locations
- Group Dials: Up to 6 groups
- Broadcasting Locations: Up to 382 locations
- Auto Reduction: Automatically reduces a received fax to fit onto a single sheet of A4
- Error Correction Mode (ECM): Where machines share the ECM feature, errors during transmission are corrected automatically ensuring received documents are error free
- Memory Transmission: Up to 400 pages
- Fax Forwarding: Yes
- Fax Retrieval: Yes
- Out-of-Paper Reception: Up to 400 pages
- Dual Access: Scan a fax transmission while receiving a fax
- Paper Input (Standard Tray): Up to 250 sheets
- Paper Input (Lower Tray): Up to 500 sheets (Requires Separate Purchase)
- Automatic Document Feeder (ADF): to 30 sheets
- Paper Handling Sizes: A4, Letter, A5, A6, Legal, B5 (ISO), Exe, B6
- Paper Output: Up to 150 sheets
- PC Fax
- Sending: Yes
- Receiving: Yes (Windows® only)
- Scanning Capability: Monochrome
- Optical Scanning Resolution: Up to 300 x 600dpi
- Interpolated Scanning Resolution: Up to 9,600 x 9,600dpi
- Scan to Feature: E-mail, Image, OCR
- Additional Features
- Secure Printing: Yes
- Printer Driver (Windows): Windows® XP Professional (32 & 64 bit editions), Windows® XP Home Edition, Windows® 2000 Professional, Windows® ME, NT 4.0WS, Windows® 7
- Printer Driver (Macintosh): Mac OS® 8.6-9.2 or greater , Mac OS® X 10.2.1 or greater
- Printer Driver (Linux): Linux Driver for CUPS, LPD, LPRng Printing System
Dimension / Weight
- Dimension (W x D x H): 375 x 451 x 335mm
- Weight: 11.6kg