وصف كتب مصر
Experience the story of a lifetime
When you want to truly get to know a person, dates and facts about their life
will only tell you so much. You need to look at the stories that define that
person's life, as well as their individual traits and characteristics, as
defined by human nature and culture.
When it comes to studying personality, the larger story matters most of all.
In The Person: An Integrated Introduction to Personality Psychology, Fourth
Edition, Dan McAdams presents a bold and integrative vision for personality
psychology that puts many different ideas into a meaningful structure. With
this text, you can understand the larger story, and discover how powerful and
useful studying personality psychology is today.
The text begins with fundamental evolutionary, social, and cultural contexts
for understanding personality, followed by an examination of the three
different levels of an individual's personality:
- Dispositional traits, a person's general tendencies.
- Characteristic adaptations, a person's desires, beliefs, concerns, and
- Life stories, the stories that give a life a sense of unity, meaning, and
* New streamlined paperback format.
* Updated with recent research findings to engage professors and students
* Presents a clear unifying vision for the field of personality psychology.
* Brings together the best from traditional personality theories and
* Addresses the most important questions that people can ask about their own
lives and about human life in general.