هذا المُنتج قد لا يكون متوفراً الآن.
وصف كتب مصر
Interpreting statistical information and carrying out statistical procedures
is an integral part of veterinary and animal science. This successful textbook,
now in its second edition and with an accompanying CD, provides the reader with
the necessary information to handle numerical data and critically appraise the
statistical methodology in the literature in the fields of veterinary and
animal science. Written in a non-mathematical way with an emphasis on
assimilating underlying concepts and correctly interpreting computer output, it
contains numerous worked real examples to help the reader develop an
understanding of the procedures.
Revised and updated throughout, this new edition of Statistics for Veterinary
and Animal Science
* is now accompanied by a CD containing the datasets used in the examples so
that the user can work through the procedures;
* assumes no prior knowledge of statistics;
* features learning objectives and exercises in every chapter to evaluate
progress in understanding;
* includes helpful flowcharts to provide a guide to the correct analysis of
* contains glossaries of notation and terminology which act as ready reference;
* indicates the more advanced sections that can be skipped initially without
loss of continuity;
* includes a new chapter in which the fundamental importance of statistics to
the practice of evidence-based veterinary medicine is clearly demonstrated and
* incorporates new material on regression methods such as Poisson regression,
regression models for clustered data, Cox proportional hazards regression
models for survival data and generalized linear models.
Specifically written for veterinary science and animal science students,
researchers and practitioners for whom no other suitable text exists.