وصف كتب مصر
As concern for the environment grows, there is a corresponding trend among
colleges and universities worldwide to incorporate sustainability into
engineering education. Addressing this growing trend "Materials and the
Environment," by renowned materials authority Mike Ashby, is the first book
devoted exclusively to the environmental aspects of materials, a core subject
area for undergraduate students in several engineering disciplines, including
mechanical, materials, civil, aerospace, manufacturing and design. With
in-depth coverage of such topics as material consumption and its drivers, the
material lifecycle, eco-informed material selection, renewable materials and
sustainability, along with eco-profiles of more than 60 widely used materials,
this book will appeal not only to instructors of materials science and
selection courses, but to professional materials engineers and product
designers as well.
* The first book devoted solely to the environmental aspects of materials and
their selection, production, use and disposal, by noted materials authority
* Introduces methods and tools for thinking about and designing with materials
within the context of their role in products and the environmental consequences.
* Contains numerous case studies showing how the methods discussed in the book
can be applied to real-world situations.
* Includes full-color data-sheets for 60 of the most widely used materials,
featuring such environmentally relevant information as their annual production
and reserves, embodied energy and process energies, carbon footprints, and
* The tools developed in the text are implemented in the CES EduPack Eco
Design Edition software and new Eco Audit Tool available from Granta Design.