هذا المُنتج قد لا يكون متوفراً الآن.
وصف كتب مصر
Engineering surveying involves determining the position of natural and
man-made features on or beneath the Earth's surface and utilizing these
features in the planning, design and construction of works. It is a critical
part of any engineering project. Without an accurate understanding of the size,
shape and nature of the site the project risks expensive and time-consuming
errors or even catastrophic failure.
Engineering Surveying 6th edition covers all the basic principles and practice
of this complex subject and the authors bring expertise and clarity. Previous
editions of this classic text have given readers a clear understanding of
fundamentals such as vertical control, distance, angles and position right
through to the most modern technologies, and this fully updated edition
continues that tradition.
This sixth edition includes:
* An introduction to geodesy to facilitate greater understanding of satellite
* A fully updated chapter on GPS, GLONASS and GALILEO for satellite
positioning in surveying
* All new chapter on the important subject of rigorous estimation of control
* Detailed material on mass data methods of photogrammetry and laser scanning
and the role of inertial technology in them
With many worked examples and illustrations of tools and techniques,
Engineering Surveying is essential reading for students and professionals alike
involved in surveying, civil, structural and mining engineering, and related
areas such as geography and mapping.
Wilf Schofield was formerly Principal Lecturer in Civil Engineering at
Kingston University; Mark Breach is the Principal Lecturer in Engineering
Surveying at Nottingham Trent University and serves on technical committees of
the RICS and ICES.
* Comprehensive introduction to surveying for engineers
* All basic and advanced techniques explained and illustrated with worked
* Expanded coverage of modern instrumentation and satellite positioning