The Big Gadget Announcements from MWC 2016
By Nadia Hussein & Translation by Dina Amir
MWC (Mobile World Congress) is one of the biggest events in the world of mobiles worldwide, where all the big corporations launch what’s new in the world of technology and communications. In the following list, you will know the mobiles, accessories, and virtual reality devices that will be launched this year for popular companies, such as: LG; LG announced their new mobile, LG G5, which will be a revolution in the world of mobiles. You will find Samsung getting closer to the peak with their new mobiles S7 Edge and S7, as well as other brands like Sony and Lenovo new mobiles. If you intend to get a new mobile this year, it’s good for you to know the biggest hits of 2016. Yaoota presents you a list of the latest mobiles announced in MWC conference, Barcelona.
These items were collected after carefully watching the conference and going through the experts’ comments about what’ve been declared in the conference from advanced technological devices, especially mobiles. The list includes high-performance mobiles, as well as affordable mobiles with medium qualifications for different budgets.
LG announced a new innovative mobile that might be a revolution in the world of smartphones.
- The design is amazingly creative and innovative; the mobile has a unit that can be removed from the bottom of the mobile to connect the amazing accessories that LG declared as well.
- LG Hi-Fi Plus: one of the most prominent accessories declared by LG that can be connected to the mobile to produce a very high quality sound, by supporting the mobile loudspeakers. There’s also another accessory, LG CAM Plus, that allows you to have a bigger picture.
Watch the official LG video that explains how to use the new accessories
- Screen: 5.3 inches with 1440*2560 pixels resolution, and 554 per inch.
- Processor: Snap Dragon 820, 4GB RAM, Internal memory of 32 GB.
- Rear camera: 16 MP and another camera with 8 megapixels that can rotate 135 degrees to take wider shots.
- Front camera: 8 MP
- Battery: 2800 mAh that supports fast charging version 3.0, which is faster than the fast charging in Samsung galaxy S7, and S7 Edge
- LG announced a couple of new virtual reality device that makes shooting and watching movies more exciting, like LG 360 cam that captures pictures with a panoramic 360 degrees position. You can also find LG 360 vr glasses as seen in the video; you can use it with LG G5 mobile. For photography lovers, there’s a camera that rolls, LG Rolling Bot, that’s capable of taking shots and recording videos.
Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung is getting some important specifications back to the market, as in the external memory slot and waterproof.
- Both of them have curvy screen and the body surrounded by an aluminum outer frame
- Specifications mean fast, strong performance, high quality graphics, which means that you can use more than one application at the same time smoothly, more than Galaxy S6.
- Samsung declared the new virtual reality camera – Samsung gear 360– which can shoot with a 360 degrees angle and 30 Mp.
- You can watch and edit videos on some Samsung galaxy mobiles.
- You can watch the rolling bot camera videos through a virtual reality helmet, Samsung Gear VR.
- You will enjoy Facebook Gear VR which is a cooperation between Samsung and Facebook in the virtual reality field.
Watch the official video for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
The two smartphones have many similarities, so we will pinpoint the differences here
Samsung Galaxy S7
- 5.1 inch Super AMOLED screen QHD 1440*2560 pixels
- Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM
- OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Internal memory 32 GB and external memory slot for up to 200 GB
- Rear camera: 12 MP with lens f/1.7 which allows the biggest amount of light in low lighting places.
- Dual pixel technology allows the camera to auto-focus quickly to produce very high quality pictures in low or bad lighting areas.
- Camera resolution going from 16 MP in Samsung galaxy S6 to 12 in S7 but dual pixel technology was added, which means a better quality picture.
- Front camera: 5 MP.
- Battery: 3000 mAh.
- Supports fast charging version 2.0, as well as wireless charging.
- Waterproof up to 5 feet, for half an hour.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
- Screen: 5.5 inches, Super AMOLED with resolution 2560 * 1440 pixels.
- Battery: 3600 mAh.
- Alike Samsung galaxy S7 in processor, Rear camera, front camera, and internal memory
Sony – Xperia mobiles
- Sony declared 3 new mobiles, Xperia X Performance, Xperia X, and Xperia XA.
- Sony focused on the battery life, camera quality, and high-resolution screen in their new mobiles.
- The 3 mobiles operate with Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
- Both Xperia X and Xperia X Performance comes with auto-focus technology that captures fast moving objects, which reduces foggy or vague pictures.
- Sony stated that the battery life will be two days, and with power saving modes, it can extend to more than that.
Watch a video for the new Xperia X mobile from Xperia Sony mobiles
Sony Xperia X Performance
- The strongest mobile among the three and the thinnest with a 7.6mm thickness.
- 5 inches screen high definition FHD with a curvy glass near the edges.
- Qualcomm snapdragon 820 processor with a 3GB RAM.
- Rear camera 23 megapixels with auto-focus technology and 13megapixels front camera.
- Internal memory 32 GB with an external memory slot.
- Battery: 2700 mAh.
Sony Xperia X
- FHD screen with curvy edges.
- Processor less than Xperia X Performance, Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 and 3GB RAM.
- Rear camera: 23 MP with auto- focus technology and 13 MP front camera.
- Two editions: 32GB or 64GB internal memory.
- Battery: 2620 mAh.
Sony Xperia XA
- Only HD Screen with a 720* 1280 pixels resolution.
- Slower processor than the previous mobiles, MT6755 Media Tek, with 2GB RAM.
- The internal memory of 16GB and a 2300 mAh battery.
Xiaomi Company announced a new mobile with amazing features and an affordable price, which is Xiaomi Mi5.
Watch the video to know more about the strong auto-focus of Xiaomi Mi5 camera
- 5.15 inches screen with high brightness for a good display under the sun.
- 820 snapdragon processor, strong processor and considered one of the most prominent features of the mobile.
- Different internal memory storage 32 or 64 GB and 3GB RAM. Xiaomi Mi5 pro comes with a 128GB storage and 4GB RAM.
- Rear camera 16 GB and lens aperture f/2.0 and other high technologies as the auto-focus which compete with iPhone 6s plus and iPhone 6s.
- Front camera 4 MP.
- Battery: 3000 mah.
- Supports NFC technology.
- Supports fingerprint technology.
Lenovo announced two medium performance mobiles for affordable prices (The price ranges from $ 129 to $ 150) which are Lenovo Vibe K5 and Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus with Dolby atmos sound technology that is available in high-performance mobiles as LG G4 and HTC One M9.
Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus
- Medium size mobile, with 8.2 mm thickness and a new design.
- 5 inches FHD screen with 1080*1920 pixels.
- Snapdragon 616 processor and 2GB RAM.
- OS: Android 5.1 lollipop.
- Internal memory: 16GB with external memory slot.
- Rear camera: 13 MP and front camera 5 MP.
- Battery: 2750 mAh.
HP Elite X3
- This mobile has a metal design and high specifications.
- OS: Windows 10. HP announced that you can substitute your laptop and tablet for this mobile.
- You can connect it with computer screen using Desk Dock through USB-C.
Watch this video to know the extraordinary advantages of HP Elite X3
- 5.9 inches screen with 2560*1140 pixels.
- Octa core Snapdragon 820 processor with 4GB RAM.
- Internal memory: 64GB and there’s an external memory slot.
- Rear camera: 16 MP and front camera 8 MP.
- Battery: 4150 mAh and supports wireless charging.
- Fingerprint technology.
The news and events in MWC conference, Barcelona, were infinite. But this article tried to gather most of the prominent announcements in the mobiles’ world.
- Alcatel company announced a new collection of mobiles, such as: IDOL 4, IDOL 4S with high technology; as well as medium performance mobiles, such as: Pop 4+, pop 4S, and Pop 4.
- ZTE company announced two new medium performance and specifications mobiles, which are Blade V7 and Blade V7 Lite.
- Also, HTC Company announced 3 medium features mobiles, which are Desire 530, 630, 825.
As we said infinite news, but we hope you like the ones we brought you.